Doesn't this excite you!?

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn\'t this excite you!?

Look at these performance goals!! If what Steve has been telling us about PVO is correct, this car is gonna be one all-conquering beast! The only caveat I have is the top-speed, "est. at 190 mph". While that's nowhere near slow, we got that right now with the Gen II's; does that mean all those "aero improvements" don't do a dam* thing? My point is kinda what MarkO's been saying the whole time: we're stuck with a world-class performer packaged in **-hum styling. Kinda disappointing I think; I was expecting over 200 with all the hype surrounding the new aero. Other than that, all I can say is WOW! Here it is:

Performance targets for the 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 include a 0-60 mph time of less than four seconds, an estimated top speed of 190 mph, 60-0 mph braking in less than 100 feet, 0-100-0 mph in about 13 seconds, and 1.15g lateral acceleration.

If we could somehow have the best of both worlds it would be this chassis and powertrain in a Gen II GTS body. Now we're talkin!!

Clint

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Doesn\'t this excite you!?

If it truely brakes 60-0 in less than 100' (ie: as good as a 1M$ Porsche GT1 and better than every other Porsche/Ferrari/BMW currenty produced) I just may have to get one. Lets hope it's true!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And if it can pull 1.15g's, I may have to buy 2.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And don't worry about the 190 mph thing from what I have heard around the water cooler. Rumor has it that the soft top is snug at a tick or two past the 200 mph mark. Why else have a 220 mph speedometer if it can't get close? Gotta say SOMETHING to appease the insurance institute and Ralph Nader...
supergrin.gif

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth