Don't buy this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don\'t buy this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a chance to look at this particular car, and it looks like the frame was hit with an ugly stick! Bent up so bad even I could tell! :smirk: Give a heads up to anyone interested and where has Bonkers been? He needs to add this one to his list of wrecks :2tu: :2tu:

wrecked car

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Don\'t buy this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hood hinges/springs are shot worse then mine.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Judging by the color and interior, I think that was Stevie Wonders personal car.. :shocked:

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip! Since I'm looking I may have considered this one! Ouch! Got to be careful.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"The car belonged to a famous music artist that wants to remain anonymous."

Was this the car that Diana Ross was driving when she got the DUI???

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Car looks good from the outside in the pictures...guess you just never know... :2tu:

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After seeing the soft top on the car (haven't put mine on again after seeing it on once), what the hell was Dodge thinking? That has got to be the all-time worst OEM soft top in automotive history.

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score

After seeing the soft top on the car (haven't put mine on again after seeing it on once), what the hell was Dodge thinking? That has got to be the all-time worst OEM soft top in automotive history.

I hear ya. I think RT/10's are awesome, but if I had one, I'd never put that rag thing on. Hard top or no top!

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I hear ya. I think RT/10's are awesome, but if I had one, I'd never put that rag thing on. Hard top or no top!

Actually, its also dependent on the color of car. For instance, while the factory soft-top looks like an extremely bad toupee on a red or yellow car, it looks merely slightly bad on a black car - it doesn't grab your attention like it does on a brightly colored car. :cool:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hear ya guys, worst top ever. Never had it on my car ever. Sold it a couple years ago. ******* or hard top is the only way to go.

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A music video car... yeah... no doubt that the car been beaten by everyone that had anything to do with making the video (a few exotic car dealers have warned me of such things....).

I guess a price of 39k would be your first clue-

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

exactly what I do

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

******* or hard top is the only way to go.
I think you are losing sight of function in favor of style. Whether ugly or not, if you actually want to drive your Viper rather than relegate it to garage queen status, its nice to have the ability to protect the interior if it should - GASP - rain while you are away from home.

OK, sure, I watch the weather report just as closely as when I'm riding motorcycles (personally, I don't care much for riding in the rain, between the slippery spots on the streets and all the car drivers sliding around, etc), and yet, I've been caught away from home with the top off. And, once or twice I had neither top with me.

But, my snake is sitting outside of work here with the soft top in the trunk, in case I miss a weather report or (and I'm sure this never happens to you) they're WRONG on the forecast. :shocked:

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

with the soft top in the trunk, in case I miss a weather report or (and I'm sure this never happens to you) they're WRONG on the forecast. :shocked:

How does it fit in the trunk???

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Of course, some aftermarket shop makes a fold-up hard top, but I'll give it a miss at $2500, since I don't really need it. The factory hard top stays on most of the "winter" around here (which equates to rain and 50-degree temps) just because its too nippy to be enjoyable, but took it off a couple of weeks ago.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It folds up, in three sections.

It does? What am I missing here? We are talking about this top right?

You must be registered for see images

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The seller emailed me back with this.

"Yes it does have a bent frame. It had a front end collision in front left. The frame is kinked a little at the left joint and very slightly at the right joint. The body work was done very well, I was told the hood and front bumper were replaced. Thanks"

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The seller emailed me back with this.

"Yes it does have a bent frame. It had a front end collision in front left. The frame is kinked a little at the left joint and very slightly at the right joint. The body work was done very well, I was told the hood and front bumper were replaced. Thanks"

From his ad...

<snip>
It does have a minor kink in one part of the frame. It must have been caused by bottoming out, because all parts are completely FACTORY ORIGINAL!
<snip>

This guy can't get his story straight! ...And from bottoming out? What, like jumping over a bridge??? Dukes of Hazzard style???

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

******* or hard top is the only way to go.

I think you are losing sight of function in favor of style. Whether ugly or not, if you actually want to drive your Viper rather than relegate it to garage queen status, its nice to have the ability to protect the interior if it should - GASP - rain while you are away from home. :shocked:

I dont think Ed or me are loosing sight of anything...
We drive about 10-12.000 miles per year and thats in PA, not in CA.... I bet it rains more here than in CA. You can find me driving the Viper with red wool hat and gloves on in 38 degree weather, *******!!
Not what I would call "garage queens", most likely just the opposite.
Yes, we actually drive our Vipers.

I have NX tanks in the trunk. I may not drive when it rains, but you will see me driving 450 miles to Long Island just to see some Viper friends. My trips without the top are almost always in excess of 200-400 miles per day.

So, One more time:

******* is the only way to go.
:2tu: :headbang:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you are losing sight of function in favor of style. Whether ugly or not, if you actually want to drive your Viper rather than relegate it to garage queen status, its nice to have the ability to protect the interior if it should - GASP - rain while you are away from home. :shocked:

I dont think Ed or me are loosing sight of anything...
We drive about 10-12.000 miles per year and thats in PA, not in CA.... I bet it rains more here than in CA. You can find me driving the Viper with red wool hat and gloves on in 38 degree weather, *******!!
Not what I would call "garage queens", most likely just the opposite.
Yes, we actually drive our Vipers.

I have NX tanks in the trunk. I may not drive when it rains, but you will see me driving 450 miles to Long Island just to see some Viper friends. My trips without the top are almost always in excess of 200-400 miles per day.

So, One more time:
******* is the only way to go.
:2tu: :headbang:

Rock on Laurie :headbang:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

and where has Bonkers been? He needs to add this one to his list of wrecks

I'm still around - too much going on to post. I made a note in my logs but I've been WAY behind in my tracking. Hopefully that will change come May.

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score

and where has Bonkers been? He needs to add this one to his list of wrecks

I'm still around - too much going on to post. I made a note in my logs but I've been WAY behind in my tracking. Hopefully that will change come May.

Is there a web site I can search? I'd like to check my car too. If not, you should make one. I just happen to be a web developer :smirk: Maybe we can come up with something.

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"This vehicle HAS NOT BEEN WRECKED! The vehicle has been taken to a professional for inspection. It does have a minor kink in one part of the frame. It must have been caused by bottoming out, because all parts are completely FACTORY ORIGINAL!"

Thanks for the heads up. They sure could of caught me in their scam. Nice wheels, hard top, late model-yup, too good to be true. Sure glad I did a pre-buy inspection on mine.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Is there a web site I can search? I'd like to check my car too. If not, you should make one. I just happen to be a web developer :smirk: Maybe we can come up with something.

Once the IVR gets running to spec it will have all the info you could possibly desire...at least that's the dream....

I'm mired in a legal debate about the information I have. Technically if a car was in an accident and not totaled it doesn't have any depreciation - at least on paper. If I tell you that a certain clean titled car was once wrecked and the seller finds out, I can theoretically be held liable for damages. I personally feel that I have a responsibility to inform buyers of a potentially unsafe or financially damning car but I also have to protect myself.

That being said - If you have questions about a certain car you can request what VIN info I have on that one vehicle, but I cannot give out entire lists. Besides I also have a lot of personal owner info on my lists as well that should not be shared with the public.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

--------------------
94 Lamborghini Diablo - ???
98 Viper GTS - Denise
Both exact cars are on the "Gone in 60 Seconds" car list that Memphis shows Donny (the list actually changes throughout the movie!) Anyone know what the Diablo's name is?

Slightly OT...

The diablo did not have a name. The official list only had the Lambo LM, which was named Gina.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang