Door actuators won't work on either door

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't figure this out. Last night, drove the car to dinner. Everything was fine. Unlocked the doors using the key fob, jumped in, started the car (almost didn't start because I left the lights on and the battery got low), and drove home.

Get home, neither door works. No orange light, no nothing. Had to pull the emergency lever to get out. Same on my wife's side.

Can't lock or unlock with the key fob.

Neither door opens from the inside or outside.

I checked the 15A fuse under the hood that is labeled "door system". It looked fine. I don't know what else it could be.

Is there some correlation between an almost dead battery and the refusal of the doors to work??

I put a trickle charger on the battery and fully recharged it. Car started right up, but neither door will open from the inside or outside. No clicking noise of the actuator, no lights, nothing.

Any ideas?

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Happened to mine after a winter layoff. Charge the battery again this time take the battery terminals off of the battery. If that still doesnt work you're going to need a new battery.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geniuses. All of you.

Pulled the driver's rear wheel. Pulled the battery cover. Pulled the negative cable off for 90 seconds. And as soon as I re-attached it, I heard the door actuators click.

VOILA! Everything works again.

Thanks, guys!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap. I'm way too 'old school' for viper ownership I guess. I'll try to follow the cup holder, power window, door popper thing.... while I stomp on the throttle of my gen 1.

Glad it worked out. (I expect my '94 will be for sale soon...)

Cheers.