Door Flag Assembly - 2008 Viper

Bilal Syed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

A few weeks ago, i heard a pop from my right door and the window became very "bumpy" when going up and down and was no longer smooth. After about a week, the window has no issue going back up but is "bumpy" going down. When going down, the window tends to make a rattling noise.

I took it to Dodge and they called saying the door flag assembly is rubbing on the glass causing the failure. They say there has also been impact to the regulator and I will need a new one (not sure about the regulator part yet).

I'm looking for leads on a Right Door Flag Assembly (04865580AF). The part is discontinued and I haven't had success finding a used one.

You must be registered for see images attach

Finoke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the flag assembly but the window regulators fail often and they are on national backorder. I eventually found one but it took awhile. I changed mine out last month. I hear the design is terrible and it will break again. There are fixes available to stiffen the design but only if done on a working regulator. Not one that already broke. Although I hear there is a company that will take your broken regulator and replace the plastic guide tubes with flexible metal sleeves. But you need to send your broken regulator to them first. Also to note, The motor is part of the regulator and has to be bought as one unit even if your motor isn't bad. So its also expensive. I did the job myself following a forum users guide that had plenty of pictures.

hlieber50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found one a year or so ago. Got it from a parts yard in Columbia Station Ohio. They had lots of Viper parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper