Door Hinge Lube

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I found an awesome product that works great on Viper door hinges, and any other moving , oilable parts. It is available at Walmart. 4 oz. spray can for $3.97

I have used this product for all my rifles, muzzleloaders, etc, along with other outdoor equiptment, cars, tools. And believe me, I have tried a lot of brands. It is military spec. It works and stays working. Best value on the market.

It is called BREAKFREE CLP and it cleans , lubricates , and protects.

http://www.break-free.com/

http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/BreakFree/breakfree.htm

http://www.madogre.com/Interviews/breakfree.htm

Dave

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told on here to use white lithium grease spray on the door hinges...

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CLP..ha. Used that exclusively in the military for years...that's all we were issued to clean weapons(well, a few Q-tips, bore punches, and pipe cleaners as well. CLP should work fine on a hinge. As far as door hinges go, I just busted the spring steel detent on my drivers door. When it fell, it got lodged between the door and the side sill (unbeknownst to me until I opened the door and heard a loud POP). I now have a nice chunk missing out of the lower corner of my drivers door. I got a replacement hinge assembly for $50.00 (damaged but the spring steel piece was fine). I drilled out my broken clip (aluminum crush fitting/rivet)and drilled out the replacement from the $50.00 hinge, bolted it back on my original (realigned the door), and wala, works like a champ. I had lubed my original hinge and had no indication that it was getting vatigued...to the point of breaking off. I wonder how many "openings and closings" a typical Viper door is designed for...??

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told on here to use white lithium grease spray on the door hinges...

I was told by a dealer to use a good grade of oil, as grease attracts and holds more dirt and road grime and will wear the hinges out faster.

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've use breakfree for several things like this. it works great. on rusty parts it seems to stop any new corrosion and keeps breaking down the old rust.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was told by a dealer to use a good grade of oil, as grease attracts and holds more dirt and road grime and will wear the hinges out faster.

[/QUOTE]

Dave, are you smokin that funcky $hit again? :nana:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There and on the hood spring and latches. GTS Bruce

As with 99 RT/10, it is my understanding to ABSOLUTELY NOT DO THIS!

So what should be used on hood springs, anything?