Door popper, keep it or cut it?

TexasViper95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey fellas.. 1st post but a thread on here was very helpful in getting me out of a bind with a stuck door. Anyway my door jammed shut because I was playing with my door popper (it never really worked) bit it binded up with my lock and wouldn't allow the door on my 95 to open. Now my popper functions but it seems like it has to much slack to open the door when you use it... I personally am fine with ot without it but I don't want this happening afain.. should I just cut cord from the popper that opens the door?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I added one to my mom's 94. It's kind of handy on those gen 1s just because they don't have the inner door handle. They can actually kind of help with security as well in a way. If you have a set of solid windows in the car with no slider, you can just shut the door and it's almost as good as having it locked in a way. That being said, if it malfunctioned at that point you could be in an even bigger bind. If it was me, I'd probably tinker with it some and see if you can get it working reliably first. You figure the hard work of actually putting it in the car is already done, now it's just tuning it up to work well every time.