door speakers

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I canceled my Polk order when I saw the OEM grills wouldn't go back.

The OEM grills are a must for me. Any suggestions, with part numbers? Many thanks.

JL AUDIO VR600-CXi are the coaxial (separate tweeter mounted on the speaker) version of the components I have. They have been discontinued, but new in the box deals are still available on them. A quick fleabay search found some. These are 6 inch so your factory grill will fit.

They even have multiple mounting holes for those of you afraid of a 3/32 drill bit.;)

Silk dome tweeters and onboard crossovers. One stop shopping at a good price point.:2tu:

$75 at Amazon.com, and dont worry about the stock photo, there are more than 4 holes.

BTW.... I have the VR600 CSi components, with the tweeter mounted where the factory dash tweeter was. Tossed the crossovers, and just reused the factory inline tweeter crossover, to save on rewiring.

Last edited:

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought one off Amazon. Thanks Brad. Can't wait to see how they sound. I figure anything is better than stock.

vermontv23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
boys and girls someone please provide us with:
The number of speakers in a Viper
The size of each speaker (including the sub)
please mention if we will need to change the Amp or not and if we need to change the stereo or not and if we do need to change any of them, please mention what will be the best replacement.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The OEM grills are a must for me. Any suggestions, with part numbers? Many thanks.

You got some bad info, you can used the stock grill with the polks, 100% bolt on. remember with the polks you have the get the ones witrh the S ON THEM.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You got some bad info, you can used the stock grill with the polks, 100% bolt on. remember with the polks you have the get the ones witrh the S ON THEM.

I'll be damned,you're right :headbang:.I got the dB651 from the store [ 4 mounting holes ]in a box that says dB651S :rolleyes:.I see the difference now looking at Polks' site.It does look like the Polk dB651S is a perfect fit with three mounting holes and the tweeter sitting shallower too giving clearence for the OEM grille to fit over it .However, the dB651S' low freq response isn't as good as the dB651.:eater:I may switch my 651 to the rear where there's no installation issues and get the 651S for the doors, putting the OEM grills back :2tu:.

db651S Car Audio Speaker from Polk Audio

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sigh.

Hopefully the difference will be nominal between the Polks and JL Audio.

Steve

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, this dB651 will go to the rear [ low frequency spec is at 35HZ] pretty good and I'll get the dB651S for the doors this weekend .In the picture it's clear that the mounting hole for the speaker is too far forward

You must be registered for see images

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used some pioneer 6 1/2" speakers in the doors. The mounting holes line up with the stock holes and the grill goes back on. I don't have the part number of the speaker i used it was 3 years ago.

97fatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does any one have a wiring diagram of the stock amp that they can share for a Gen 4? I want to add some bass. Thinking about a Bazooka tube.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does any one have a wiring diagram of the stock amp that they can share for a Gen 4? I want to add some bass. Thinking about a Bazooka tube.

It's in the service manual. I'm rewiring mine now.

I bought the Kicker door speakers and they sounded great. I found a good on some Focals and to tell you the truth I can't tell the difference in a convertible. Maybe a coupe would be different but don't waste your money on high end speakers for a convertible. Just my opinion.

If anyone wants some slightly used Kickers or Focals for that matter make me an offer. Neither set has more than 10 hours on them.

F

FrgMstr

I put this Focal system in my Vert with 400 watts behind it and they are some of the most amazing speakers I have ever heard in my life. Like being there....

2 way driver kit 165 KRX2 - Focal Car Audio speakers

Put an 8" sub in the floorboard of the passenger seat in a custom built box with 500 watts behind it. (Wife is 5' tall so no loss of leg room.)

The system overall is more than I could have ever dreamed of hearing.

eurowalt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed Kickers such a waste of $$$$$ I had Boston Acoustics Pro series before and lasted for over 12 years NEVER AN ISSUE!!!! I will be doing the same to the RT/10

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JL's installed. Went pretty smoothly. With the sound up, I can def tell the difference. Thumbs up. With the volume low, it's more crisp for sure but the difference isn't huge.

But with it up, yeah, big difference.

Thanks.
Steve

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Installed the JL's this week as well and I love them, much better than stock!

sn95gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installer the kicker 600's the sound is a vast improvement over stock. Holding the stock speaker in hand I was surprised how lite it was.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Polks just arrived at my door, will be trowing them in soon. Can't wait to see the difference. Nice thread and help. Thanks, All.

D.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dman, I got the Polk dB651s in the doors and dB651 at the back.
Setting the treble to +3, the bass -4 and it sounds crisp and clear.Sound quality and power won't be anywhere near to my son's Focal amp with Hertz speakers, but I don't plan on getting deaf anytime soon:rolaugh:. You'll definitely hear a difference compared to the OEM speakers:2tu:

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed a set of Kicker KS600 6" in the front doors. Big improvement over stock, the factory grills fit and is near impossible to see that they are not stock. Very simple to install and green is negative on the wiring. I am still fading the system to the front as the sub in the back still breaks up when you crank it up. Got them from Half Price Car Audio. com for $58.75 with shipping $66.72. Still looking for a solution for the sub.

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow. I thought you guys were crazy but then i went and checked for myself...you guys are right. My Viper does have a stereo. I guess I just never noticed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang