Door Trouble

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, if Barry adjusts his (or her) door, does that mean this way to exciting thread will come to a screeching halt?

Barry... Wait... This has been fun. Don't ruin it for everyone. WHAT ABOUT THE RATTLE IN THE TRUNK???

V

Venomiss

:bounce:

There's no Vipers in Kansas, there's no Vipers in...

You just need to know where to look Dave:complete with lots of pics.

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=579428&highlight=carbon+fiber+sleigh

This was the rendezvous that took place in Kansas a while back. We also had 300 kids from Big Bros/Big Sisters during the lunch portion and all the Vipers attending gave them rides on the Kansas Speedway. There are plenty of pictures from it and we had many nice comments from members who had a good time.

Now back to Barry, hopefully you will be right as rain and back to happy Viper driving.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just need to know where to look Dave:complete with lots of pics.

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=579428&highlight=carbon+fiber+sleigh

This was the rendezvous that took place in Kansas a while back. We also had 300 kids from Big Bros/Big Sisters during the lunch portion and all the Vipers attending gave them rides on the Kansas Speedway. There are plenty of pictures from it and we had many nice comments from members who had a good time.

Now back to Barry, hopefully you will be right as rain and back to happy Viper driving.

I so beg for your mercy during my most humble apology...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry? How did you make out with all of this great advice? Keep us posted.:eater:

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Whiner, get rid of the Viper

Heh Barry, please PM me !!! I am a broker of lemons!! a comodity that is on the rise right now. I know I could turn your lemon into something positive. I've been looking for one like yours. :D ;)

OP
OP
Barry

Barry

VCA Member
Reaction score
Hay I like the towel idea. Now how do I fix the broken latch? The driver’s door release button no longer unlatches the door. I need to use the emergency lever to get in the car. I spoke to Chuck about this problem and he said that the wiring harness could have kinked the wire to braking. So I went under the dash to examine the wiring. I found the EEC and was unable to unplug the harness from it. So how much do I have to spend to get the plug removal tool?

I still believe that Dodge should fix this problem before one of these defective doors decides to open while traveling around a tight corner causing bodily injury to someone.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I went under the dash to examine the wiring. I found the EEC and was unable to unplug the harness from it. So how much do I have to spend to get the plug removal tool?

I still believe that Dodge should fix this problem before one of these defective doors decides to open while traveling around a tight corner causing bodily injury to someone.

Try checking the wiring harness in the door hinge. That's where most of the wires will break. There are many posts on that as well.

Like Jon B said. You will never see a recall on this issue from Chrysler. It is NOT a safety issue and theres no way they could justify the expense.

Keep in mind the door is very heavy and it's cantilevered out 4+ feet with only two little closely spaced hinges holding it up. Yes it's a design issue but that's the sacrifice you make to have a unique style.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never heard that the doors open around tight corners ...that must be a new feature of the Viper? But, I heard that a number of drivers does not buckle up!:D

my 2 EUROs or cents, signed
ViperGTS (without a SPACE between Viper and GTS)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hay I like the towel idea. Now how do I fix the broken latch? The driver’s door release button no longer unlatches the door. I need to use the emergency lever to get in the car. I spoke to Chuck about this problem and he said that the wiring harness could have kinked the wire to braking. So I went under the dash to examine the wiring. I found the EEC and was unable to unplug the harness from it. So how much do I have to spend to get the plug removal tool?

Barry, if you have such a defect-ridden Viper and you're worried about the door opening while you're driving around a tight corner, why don't you give yourself peace of mind and get rid of it? This Viper has obviously caused you apparent emotional distress...screw the recall, I'd sue Dodge if I were you. How dare they make us maintain our cars. Those bastages!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tools... :omg: Parts... :omg: Effort... :omg:

:eater:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry, if you're going to inspect the rubber grommet that feeds the wiring harness into the door, this thread has a close-up of what the wiring harness and grommet looks like. Perhaps there's a pinched wire there. You'll have to remove front door panel...don't worry, its only 4 screws. If you do remove this cover, watch for metal shims falling out. They're used as spacers behind some of the 4 screws that hold the cover in place.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry, if you're going to inspect the rubber grommet that feeds the wiring harness into the door, this thread has a close-up of what the wiring harness and grommet looks like. Perhaps there's a pinched wire there. You'll have to remove front door panel...don't worry, its only 4 screws. If you do remove this cover, watch for metal shims falling out. They're used as spacers behind some of the 4 screws that hold the cover in place.

Also when you replace the cover do NOT torque down too much or you'll crack the plastic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456