drain hole or not - under rt gas lid

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drove my rt (2002) in the rain and fog and rain today, then had to get gas, lifted the gas filler door and it was full of water (around the filler neck), just like after washing, (i always dry it out immediately, so don't know if it would eventually drain).

is there supposed to be a drain hole there (or just carry paper towels) :dunno:

tia homies :headbang:

(have another drain hole question coming :D )

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good question. I just went out and looked at mine, and did not see a drain hole but I do not have a problem with holding water or gas around the neck.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '01 GTS doesn't have one. Never noticed a water build up, even after washing though. Maybe I haven't looked close enough.:dunno:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baha ahahah............:omg:

All in good fun. I bet a tiny drill bit would fix it.. just sayin'..???:dunno:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My RT/10 ('01) has a drain hole. I first discovered it when I was gassing up one day. Gas overflowed and all the gas leaked out through the hole. The GTS should have one as well if I remember correctly. Directly under the fuel filler door.
drove my rt (2002) in the rain and fog and rain today, then had to get gas, lifted the gas filler door and it was full of water (around the filler neck), just like after washing, (i always dry it out immediately, so don't know if it would eventually drain).

is there supposed to be a drain hole there (or just carry paper towels) :dunno:

tia homies :headbang:

(have another drain hole question coming :D )

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS has a drain hole. Same with the back glass, 2 drain holes. One of mine was clogged. Used my air compressor and blew some air through it. Drains like a champ now.

OP
OP
E

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My RT/10 ('01) has a drain hole. I first discovered it when I was gassing up one day. Gas overflowed and all the gas leaked out through the hole. The GTS should have one as well if I remember correctly. Directly under the fuel filler door.

thanks, for the info, i'll look closer

The GTS has a drain hole. Same with the back glass, 2 drain holes. One of mine was clogged. Used my air compressor and blew some air through it. Drains like a champ now.

and unplug with air pressure

:2tu:

OP
OP
E

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thought all you "there is a drain hole" folks were wack :eater:

sopping my ponded gas area dry with a cotton rag, about to get the drill out, :eater:

i decided to closely examine where i'd put a drain hole if i were on the original viper design team :dunno:

nadda :mad:

contorted my hand around and finally found a (had to be) custom slime plug of unknown composition :crazy2:

flushed it but good with the water hose, and no more ponding :headbang:

almost as rewarding watching that water dribble out and a hi dollar mod :D

life's simple pleasures :2tu:

:drive: