Now thats a weird place for a drain hole

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we all know, I am the proud owner of a low mileage, never seen rain McViper. I also have a friend named ummmm....Tad, who also owns a McViper and has been in rain :crazy2: I was driving his car and it started to rain a couple weekends ago. The top was already on but ofcourse that does no good (enter "******* girls get wet inside McVipers" joke here). As we were trying to stuff some paper towels between the windshield frame and the front of the top, I noticed the leak wasn't coming from there. I started to feel around and to my amusement, I find what appears to be DRAIN HOLES on both the driver and passenger side of the car in the bottom of the windshield frame:lmao: We held our hand over the drain holes and guess what...no more leaks. I'm assuming the reason for this drain hole is for water that enters the holes where the front latches of the top bolt to the windshield frame (I cant think of anywhere else rain would enter the windshield frame)??

Now my question, how should I plug these holes? They are pretty small, but big enough to let a lot of water pass thru if its raining. I guess I need to make it a temporary plug, so I can "drain" the frame if I...I mean Tad gets caught in rain again. I'm thinking a big piece of ducttape on both sides of the frame might look pretty strange. I have a 98' Eclipse Spyder (convertible) as a DD, and even Mitsubishi didn't have the foresight to put drain holes INSIDE the car above the driver and passenger :lmao:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's GA, Its a McViper...

I'm thinking the 100 mile an hour tape would be just fine :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:eater::eater::eater: