Driving a viper with the exhaust changed = automatic ticket

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all the tofu fartin fairies are gonna be marching to get that here in the US and NJ

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all the tofu fartin fairies are gonna be marching to get that here in the US and NJ
:lmao:

I got pulled over two weeks ago because the police heard me from a mile away. Literally...he said as soon as he heard me he flipped on his lights and waited for me to drive by. No ticket though. Turns out his brother owns a Viper too.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In some cases, police will even seize vehicles, test, and then fix them to make sure they comply with manufacturers standards.
They won't like the price-tag associated with that
You must be registered for see images

officers don't need proof you've been breaking the law either. While they do have devices to measure noise, they say they'll ticket based purely on what they hear and if you're louder than the rest of the traffic on the road, that's loud enough to get dinged.
That's hokey
You must be registered for see images

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a Careless Driving ticket for leaving the Jersey tolls too loud and too fast for the officer's liking, yet in court he testified that at no time did I break any speed limit and they stuck the careless on me for possibly accelerating too quickly such that if I hit a magical oil spot I might have spun out and might have caused an accident.....at least in Vancouver I'd show up with a dBa report and fight my way to victory. Then, I'd ask for costs!!

Regards,
Aaron

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:lmao:

I got pulled over two weeks ago because the police heard me from a mile away. Literally...he said as soon as he heard me he flipped on his lights and waited for me to drive by. No ticket though. Turns out his brother owns a Viper too.
You didn't happen to be in Whitestone today?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You Canadian guys really have your work cut out for you, politically speaking. First, your left wing government gets crazy about hand guns, then it let's grizzly bears eat people and now noisy cars!:dunno:

Canada used to be a nice place to visit. Now????

Still glad to be an American.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are canadian vipers going to have the MDS system to cut down half the cyl. to make it quieter?

--RS

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, cities need more and more money.
Since our taxe level is too high the only way to taxe people is to increase fines.

This Saturday we were stopped in city because we were riding 53km/h (32m/h) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 m/h above limit !

In Montreal the city just founded a new police squade to distribute speeding/parking tickets.

Don`t expect them to stop car thiefs or help you if brake down on road.
They have a quota to fill up .... They will ticket you no matter what.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not believe that tactic would work in the U.S; the U.S gov relies on emission controls to regulate exhaust standards - hence emission inspections in most states. Also because of the way our Court systems are set up you would need to define excessive noise in factual terms i.e benchmarking. It gets complicated - how about the angry UPS truck noise, the policeman's Harley, and the 18 wheelers trucking down the highway. All these are offsets and makes the case for targeting individual cars difficult. Here in Florida we have no emission inspections so if you want to make noise come on down!!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in CT they have to prove you are louder than the state mandated noise limit. I always carry a Sound Level Meter, Radio Shack 33-2055, and a copy of the CT Statues showing the DBA levels and how they are to be measured. I got out of the ticket but one time. I had bought a brand new Honda motorcycle, with a stock exhaust system, and was stopped. the officer said it was his judgment as to if the bike was too loud. he gave me a ticket and I went to court. In CT if the cop does not name out a Traffic / Accident Report them by law they have to throw it out. The prosecutor tried to talk me down from $250.00 to $50.00 and I told him no way. When I asked to see the officers report he smiled and told me there was none. he then dismissed the case. You can win if you know the law.

Robbie

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A viper will run just fine on 5cyl. Just pull the plugs for the injectors then remove the spark plugs. Trust me I tried it.

Crazy part was, in my estimate, Being my car now made approx 350hp and came in at 3350lbs, I was still faster than a mild mod 350Z :D

Eldon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't happen to be in Whitestone today?

Nope, this happened in my town of Cheshire, CT...happened again this morning. Problem is that we're such a small, quiet town that any noise is loud around here. If a rabbit farts here the police show up with their DB meters in an instant. :D Not because the police are hard asses (they're quiet reasonable and fair) but because the locals complain about any noise. I'm contemplating taking off my cats and showing them what loud really is.