Dyno numbers

notixplz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I had a chance to get off of work and get the Viper dynoed. I was not able to get it tuned with the methanol running, this time at least. All I wanted was to get it tuned from 93oct to 91oct (Arizona cool aid, more like 90oct :crazy2:) as well as get the idle just right. Methanol tune I'll get taken care of later this month. In all I can assume 730-750 to the wheels when its complete. This is running at 11 lbs of boost.

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
N

notixplz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are your mods?

Upgraded con-rods, forged pistons, piston rings, Gen 4 cylinder sleeves, ATI harmonic balancer keyed to crank nose and chrome moly push rods. A few other things were replaced to stock as they appeared to be worn and needed to be replaced.

who is tuning it ?
AEM, SCT, SS, ?

After stopping by Eddie Martins house just the other day :drive: he referred me to see Richard Garcia at DynoComp (DynoComp.com) this is where he and other Viper owners go. Awesome service, super clean shop, quite a unique dyno (suppose to be 1 of 20) Its on AEM EMS which they laughed at because I guess my since my version there has been about 8 updates. Reminded them of Pacman lol...

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxton, Thanks!

my head/cam/paxton/full exhaust with high flow cats put down 780rwhp on 91 octane, no **** on 8 n half lbs of boost. Those are good numbers you put down. Are you running the 3 inch pulley or the 2.75?

OP
OP
N

notixplz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my head/cam/paxton/full exhaust with high flow cats put down 780rwhp on 91 octane, no **** on 8 n half lbs of boost. Those are good numbers you put down. Are you running the 3 inch pulley or the 2.75?

Nice nice :D...ya I'm sure I would put similar numbers down if I had head and cam work done as well. It is the 2.75, how about you?

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice nice :D...ya I'm sure I would put similar numbers down if I had head and cam work done as well. It is the 2.75, how about you?

I m running a 3 inch. probably will go to 2.75 once I get used to the 780...broke tranny so going with a gen 4 tranny also...it's going to be brand new car...

OP
OP
N

notixplz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I m running a 3 inch. probably will go to 2.75 once I get used to the 780...broke tranny so going with a gen 4 tranny also...it's going to be brand new car...

Yea I remember reading about your transmission going out. Best of luck man, and say where's the pics of the new wheels on that beast?!?! lol

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn! I feal like this is the TV Show "Pass Time", lol

Why couldnt notixplz just put everything in his 1st post.:dunno:
Still dont know what year car were talking about here....

graph says 99 viper...

OP
OP
N

notixplz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn! I feal like this is the TV Show "Pass Time", lol

Why couldnt notixplz just put everything in his 1st post.:dunno:
Still dont know what year car were talking about here....

notixplz , you should have come along to the dyno day we had on Saturday:
http://forums.viperclub.org/virgini...inite-isp-dyno-day-pics-vids.html#post2957326

You're right, I should have included more info. (next time) Although, I am slightly suprised, I thought the veterans on this board knew everyones car. The ins and outs, all the way down to their first name :rolaugh: Kidding of course...as far as attending ISP, I definitely would have but I am currently in Arizona (temporarily as so is the car).

Here is a little more information on the car. Its a 1999, rebuilt motor from Arrow Racing (which I highly recommend to anyone) http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/643665-woohooo-beast-finally-done.html

@plumcrazy- makes sense, less contact would seem like it would wear faster to me as well.

@97snk- what **** system are you using? (snow, aem)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't imagine why a good tuner wouldn't be able to get a solid tune on that without. W/M. Personally ind never use the stuff. If it cost me 30rwhp, id be good with it cause you are saferwithout it. Its one less thing to break and cost you/me an engine.....

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only reason you are afraid of methanol is because you dont have the right equipment to control it, and all the safety stuff in place.

For instance on my car if **** fails to activate or runs out my boost drops to 5 psi until its refilled. **** should not be used to be an essential part of your tune it should be used as an extra margin of safety against detonation.

On my car we didn't need **** at all but it was still put on due to the 91 octane fuel in CA, so once all the tuning was done we then added the methanol on top just enough to see the intake air temps start to drop by a few degrees at which point we knew there was enough to take the edge of combustion chamber temps.

Since the majority of you seem to be supercharged boost control is not possible, but there are plenty of other ways to limit power output if the methanol fails, assuming your engine management is capable of doing any of them.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
russ speaks the truth and thats the absolute only way id use it. originally i wanted to use it. DLM told me the same thing russ just said, its possible to run safely but it does cost more to setup correctly. luckily mine was tuned for 91 and i have 93 or 94 avail to me. actually have a lot higher octane avail to me when i feel the need to push it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, was saying a good tuner should have no problem at all getting a good number with a solid tune without using WM on 91 octane. i could be wrong but thats my opinion.

no need for it IMO, especially on a paxton. roe's need it at some point cause they dont have an IC.

all this is assuming you have a good fuel system to support the power.

OP
OP
N

notixplz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, was saying a good tuner should have no problem at all getting a good number with a solid tune without using WM on 91 octane. i could be wrong but thats my opinion.

no need for it IMO, especially on a paxton. roe's need it at some point cause they dont have an IC.

all this is assuming you have a good fuel system to support the power.

ah gotcha, yeah the tune is fine, 700 is a good number IMO lol. The tuner tuned the car and the a/f ratio is damn near perfect. Thanks to Eddie Martin for the recommendation :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960