dyno results on a Racetested nitrous system

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, this was the first time I have ever looked at one of these, let alone tune one...I have a silver car that I am finishing up on with this system on it. I didn't know what to expect, but it did OK. This car's owner is hoping to join the 9 second rt 10 crowd in Florida with this set up...so I have a lot to accomplish. With the help of Denny from Racetested we cam up with 723 HP and 1072 TQ on a mild n20 set up and a semi aggressive tune. I think I have maxed out the fuel system and the stock lower end, otherwise I think we could have made a lot more. We picked up over 200 HP and over 500 TQ with this kit. I don't know if it will take over NOS or NX in sales, but I feel it does hold its own in the nitrous market. I just thought I would share my findings. If anybody wants to try a new system out, give Denny a call...he is very easy to deal with.
Later,
Joe

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds nice Joe. The rt wouldn't be silver by chance?

Those results are good to see. It seems the racetested, from what I have seen, has always made the huge torque numbers but has lacked on the hp based on what they advertise, but who cares about hp when torque is what gets you down the track. :laugh:

nice job. you making it to Bradenton?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok I am a dumba$$, I see uU said silver. That boy don't need no freakin' 1000+ rwtq. :laugh:

John

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,
yea, I am coming. I am so far behind it is not even funny. I thought I was going to pass. I had 2 cars break rear ends and I haven't had time to get to them yet, but they are planning on going to Florida...so I guess I need to work a little faster so we can make it. I am not happy with a few things on this car, but at least he will make the race. A 1100 foot pounds of torque should launch the car pretty well... we will see. I just hope the car runs good and doesn't break anything.
See ya there,
Joe

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much of the motor is stock other than lower end?
Sounds like a cam, heads etc with the Nitrous.
Can you give any more info about the system?
Single stage, dual or direct port?

Great numbers!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe

glad you guys are gonna make it. Breaking something will inevitably occur with as much power as you guys have gotten out of the car. Can't wait to see you lay down some times in whatever you step into.

I alos may need you to make a pass in my ride to see what she will do. Have a safe trip.

John

racetested

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,
It was nice working with you also. We have a lot more in store for this car when it comes back to you.

The car in mention was jetted for a 300bhp shot(motor hp). We made 223 rwhp and 525 rwtq extra. The hp could be down for a few reasons. One is a high lift cam that doesn't work well with nitrous and a few other things that Joe and I are going to address once we get the car back. Our main concern was to get the car back to the owner for the race. We have enough power for what the stock bottom end, fuel system, etc. can take, so there was no need to make things perfect at this time.

The nitrous kit on the car has 2 sets of solenoids that are flow rated for 300bhp per pair. We have 150bhp jets in each set, so we have plenty of extra still. The car also has a Maximiser progressive that will allow the nitrous system to start as low as 15% of the max power and build to 100% power from .3 seconds to 15 seconds. This allows better traction, safety, and adjustabilty for track or road conditions. There are also plenty of other features for fine tuning also. The progressive unit replaces the need for a a multi stage system, as it's all done electronically through a single stage set-up. The set-up uses 1 ea. injector in each smooth tube. Each injector is rated for 200bhp.

What I learned from Joe is that a good tune is essential and Joe delivered this. The other Vipers that we have kits on don't have a piggyback that is tuned properly, or a piggyback computer at all. This is why our hp is not so great on the top end, as those cars are falling off the charts rich up high and are lean initially, so they aren't seeing the massive torque we got on this car either.

I think Joe and I are going to even surprise ourselves in the future, once we have time to collaborate some more and have a complete package.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, obviously this is my bucket and i think joe and denny said it best above. as for whats next, LOL, im not saying anything, im just going to focus on keeping this thing straight, on the track in bradenton. i will say this, there is ALOT more power left in this system and the TQ is INSANE! the progressive maximizer unit is a must with what its capable of. i was doubtful of this system on/off but overall i stuck it out and now im going to have some fun with it.

after bradenton, its back to Joes shop.....to be continued

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, obviously this is my bucket and i think joe and denny said it best above. as for whats next, LOL, im not saying anything, im just going to focus on keeping this thing straight, on the track in bradenton. i will say this, there is ALOT more power left in this system and the TQ is INSANE! the progressive maximizer unit is a must with what its capable of. i was doubtful of this system on/off but overall i stuck it out and now im going to have some fun with it.

after bradenton, its back to Joes shop.....to be continued

Oh man, I may be in trouble :( , With that much torque, you'll be extremely hard to beat Rich, but I will endevor to do my best :D . In the end, I may be buy the steak, but I'll sure try to test your abilities on the track. Remember to keep that monster staight at all times with the Pilots!! :2tu: :2tu:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike you have other people to worry about, much less Rich.

I got your number buddy. :laugh: