Dyno Results progressive- Gen 4- stock, Random high flows, full Belanger, + Mopar PCM

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been doing some performance mods on my 2008 Coupe at our service shop and checking the results on our Superflow chassis dyno. Our dyno results are generally showing a little less horsepower and torque than other brands of dynos being it is more an engineering dyno , but the main thing to look at is performance increases/ decreases change in power curves, etc. We use it for tuning and not for just showing dyno numbers.

Here is the first dyno- Stock Exhaust 514/495

You must be registered for see images attach

Second Dyno- Stock Exhaust w/ Random Tech High Flow Cats

Third Dyno- Full Bellanger( Headers, High Flow Cats, Cat Back) and Factory PCM

Fourth Dyno- Full Bellanger( Headers, High Flow Cats, Cat Back) and MOPAR PCM

Last Dyno- Full Bellanger( Headers, High Flow Cats, Cat Back) and MOPAR PCM plus directing fan at intake

We thought the results were very interesting, and we saw a huge benefit to the Belanger system. We look forward to installing many more of them as we feel they are a great value for the money.

Hope this is helpful to everyone. I know it was for us.

Steve

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dyno Results progressive- Gen 4- stock, Random high flows, full Belanger, + Mopar

Nice I would like to see someone test the K&N against the stock intake with a car with the Mopar PCM :) 15ft/lbs with the PCM is very nice do you happen to have any charts with AFR too, also what gas were you running.

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dyno Results progressive- Gen 4- stock, Random high flows, full Belanger, + Mopar

Nice I would like to see someone test the K&N against the stock intake with a car with the Mopar PCM :) 15ft/lbs with the PCM is very nice do you happen to have any charts with AFR too, also what gas were you running.

Haven't heard much benefit to the K&N, but if someone wants to send me one I would love to test it :)

AFR is listed on right side of graphs. Fuel is 93 octane from the pump at local gas station.

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh thanks I was on my iphone before haha

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haven't heard much benefit to the K&N, but if someone wants to send me one I would love to test it :)

AFR is listed on right side of graphs. Fuel is 93 octane from the pump at local gas station.

I think I will do a test once my PCM is installed next week :)

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for posting, the car picked up HP & TRQ with the fan directing at intake (interesting) wondering how it is moving at 80 + MPH!! Looks like the airbox work pretty good.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks like the Mopar PCM did a good job of smoothing out the large dip you were having between 4,500 and 5,000 RPMs.

Thanks for posting the results!

Raven

Viper Owner
Reaction score

~60 hp for how much cost? I'm asking because I have a stock '08.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So 62/62 peak gain to the wheels for a full exhaust and Mopar PCM. That's great.
I'd say next up a ported intake mani, maybe a new clutch and some gears!

Were all pulls done on the same day? I see the charts say today.

Can you get an overlay of the first and last pull?

Curious if you'd dyno a K&N replacement filter?

I have one I can borrow. If I still had K&N cai id borrow that too.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So 62/62 peak gain to the wheels for a full exhaust and Mopar PCM. That's great.

Here's a crude overlay of run 1 and run 3...

You must be registered for see images

F

FrgMstr

My 2008 Vert with Belanger headers, cat delete, straight pipes and Mopar computer. Red is before at stock with Corsa Catback and after is mods.

You must be registered for see images

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve, thanks for posting. Your dyno is a little conservative like the DynoJet Dan Cragen uses. I saw very similar gains as I added all you have, plus then a ported intake and ported heads. Stand alone, after headers, the mopar ecu gave me 9/14 hp/trq, very similar to what you got.

If you get a chance and can replicate the temp/humidity, try a run mixing 100 with 93 to get the octane over 95, will pick up a few more trq and hp. thanks again ,Mike

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Question has anyone gone in to limp mode with the Mopar PCM yet?

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pulls were done on 3 different days- just copied the files on the one day, but our dyno is extremely precise and gives consistent, repeatable results regardless of day done, etc.

Haven't tried any different intake filters on the car

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Question has anyone gone in to limp mode with the Mopar PCM yet?

Multiple times in conjunction was a bad cam senor or crank sensor. (My problem was with the cars wiring, not the ecu).

Dan Cragen also told me that with the venom ecu giving 100 more rpm, the motor/electronics does not like it when you hit the rev limiter and will sometimes go into limp mode. Since I got mine fixed with new wiring harnesses, I've hit the rev limiter hard a couple of times in 3rd at the track but it didn't go into limp mode.

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve, thanks for posting. Your dyno is a little conservative like the DynoJet Dan Cragen uses. I saw very similar gains as I added all you have, plus then a ported intake and ported heads. Stand alone, after headers, the mopar ecu gave me 9/14 hp/trq, very similar to what you got.

If you get a chance and can replicate the temp/humidity, try a run mixing 100 with 93 to get the octane over 95, will pick up a few more trq and hp. thanks again ,Mike

Will try the octane mix in the future- good to know- thanks.

Have dyno runs you can post of your car stock and then one after everything was done on it- heads and intake, etc?

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Multiple times in conjunction was a bad cam senor or crank sensor. (My problem was with the cars wiring, not the ecu).

Dan Cragen also told me that with the venom ecu giving 100 more rpm, the motor/electronics does not like it when you hit the rev limiter and will sometimes go into limp mode. Since I got mine fixed with new wiring harnesses, I've hit the rev limiter hard a couple of times in 3rd at the track but it didn't go into limp mode.

I was thinking more along the lines of limp mode caused by to much airflow, any more taken out there bug/rain defelector with the Mopar PCM any issue with it going in to limp mode?

ringram

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So roughly 10% more power from the basic mods. Headers look like the best gains.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Will try the octane mix in the future- good to know- thanks.

Have dyno runs you can post of your car stock and then one after everything was done on it- heads and intake, etc?

Steve, real hard for me to scan then post, sorry. I don't have a "stock" dyno, but your stock dyno numbers are in-line with what I've seen at DC. 520-535 hp and 495-515 trq for a stock Gen IV

dc_7-10.jpg

the first dyno is addition of a DC ported intake. Base line is Bellanger headers, and bellangers exhaust (hi-flow cats and mufflers, plus venom ECU and K&N air filter. Base line was 563 hp and 539 trq. With ported intake, 580 hp and 547 trq

Dc_intake001.jpg

The chart below compares the baseline, above, with ported intake, to the addition of ported heads. Base line that day was 573 hp and 539 trq. Adding the heads produced 601 hp and 553 trq.

As you know the day, temps and conditions all vary. So does the dyno. (At another shop headers and exhaust gave me 587/550). In a back to back the intake gave me about 15-17 hp and 8-10 trq. Heads gave me about 18-22 hp and 12-15 trq.

DC_heads002.jpg

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was thinking more along the lines of limp mode caused by to much airflow, any more taken out there bug/rain defelector with the Mopar PCM any issue with it going in to limp mode?

I've never taken the rain deflector out. Some older posts (threads) by Mark J at Woodhouse say that the removal does cause problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62