Dyno shootout 1200 RWHP Twin Turbo

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to participate in a dyno shootout. Unfortunately I didnt win but it was something else to see the Silver Supra make almost 1500rwhp. Here is a dyno of mine and a dyno sheet comparing my dyno pull to the mammoth supra dyno pull. Enjoy.

Special thanks goes to the heffner team for building a great car that has taken some abuse but just keeps laying down the numbers. I dynoed the car one month earlier and made within 10rwhp at the same boost level, 15PSI. I was running a mixture of 100 and 110 octane fuel.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v40tKGS4WWM[/media]

Attachments

• cody vs viper.jpg
    cody vs viper.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics that bottlefed took.

Attachments

• viper on dyno.jpg
    viper on dyno.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 70

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great pull!

On a side note my car is hitting the paint shop next week for the same acr look on my vert with my new 08 hood.

Looks great!

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is bottlefeds car on the dyno, it was very heat soaked and the temp's were in the mid 90's. I think he had to pull timing so it is certainly not his highest dyno number but his car sounded great and hit hard.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2h2j_2fXT4[/media]

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, I watched em both... quite boring but to my ears the 600 hp car sounded better than the 1200 hp car???

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not surprising that the Viper has a 250hp gap Above the Supra on the bottom end.
There is no replacement for displacement:2tu:
Any chance you could re-post the graph with RPM's on the bottom insted of mph? Also, throw the Torque on there(you can display 2 things on the same graph with the WinPEP software)

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rpms do not pick up well on my car or the supra. Therefore, no rpm or torque readings. You will notice that not very many high powered cars have torque readings.

Thanks for all the kudos!

:2tu:
Any chance you could re-post the graph with RPM's on the bottom insted of mph? Also, throw the Torque on there(you can display 2 things on the same graph with the WinPEP software)

I make about 950 at 13 psi with lower timing than what you just saw on the dyno. GT40R turbos(67mm).

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice and Id put money on your car being faster from 50-135 mph

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Doubt that the Supra was boosting only 15 psi ..... probably more like 30.

Looks like your car could use some additional tuning up top.

Would be interesting to see rpms and A/F ratios.

What have you done to the transmission to hold the power?

Chewed up the teeth on both gears (2nd) the other day under throttle in a beefed up T-56. Going to try the new T6060.

Dan

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the open book on my pig fat viper...I dont mind it being fat because it is safe and I cant hook anymore power anyway. 15PSi of boost at 130mph still spins the tires. I cant hit that boost until 140+. Why would I need more?? I know that this car is capable of 1350rwhp @19-20lbs and a leaner tune but for what purpose? Check out the AEM Log.

Doubt that the Supra was boosting only 15 psi ..... probably more like 30.

Looks like your car could use some additional tuning up top.

Would be interesting to see rpms and A/F ratios.

What have you done to the transmission to hold the power?

Chewed up the teeth on both gears (2nd) the other day under throttle in a beefed up T-56. Going to try the new T6060.

Dan
I have been through one transmission already. I just use a stock t56 and shift slow and easy. Once this transmission grenades then tr6060 here I come.

Attachments

• dyno pull.jpg
    dyno pull.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang