***ebay Headers ***warning Public Service***

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I would buy a set of the Stainless Steel Long tube stepped headers that are on Ebay all the time,

The claims are 30 RWHP - I call BS and you will see why

The Claim is Stainless Steel - I call BS and you will see why

HEre is a pic of the header flange, since when DOES STAINLESS STEEL RUST?

Next Lets look at the high flowing inner area of the flange where the headers are supposed to allow an increase in flow, the way these tubes are tack welded into place and not blended in shows that these headers will create huge turbulence and the last thing you will get is a 30 rwhp increase, you will be lucky if these do not cost you 30 HP

Seems the stainless coating is chipping off here, Hmmmmmm

Close up,

Do yourself a favor,

DO NOT BUY THESE HEADERS , even if you get them for $50, they are a waste of money

:eater::eater::eater::eater::eater:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, I wonder where those were made.:rolleyes:

they usually do better than that these days (though you are probably right),

looks more like indian or pakistani steel and workmanship

those headers have the cool merge collector though :dunno:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, these are cheaper copies of the Original cheap copies of the SVS headers. The ones sold by "awesomecarparts" *******, and are crap.

The original SVS headers were a very good design and the first stainless copies were well done.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, these are cheaper copies of the Original cheap copies of the SVS headers. The ones sold by "awesomecarparts" *******, and are crap.

The original SVS headers were a very good design and the first stainless copies were well done.

good info,
:drive:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats why you should only buy from one of the well know site supporters here. Quality doesn't cost more in the long run-plus we need to support one another in economic times like these! They will make good metal garden art...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"R & D" for many businesses in Viper World today =

Receive and DUPLICATE........ but cheaply.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not going to say those aren't crap, but will reply to this.

"HEre is a pic of the header flange, since when DOES STAINLESS STEEL RUST?"

When it is not a good grade of stainless. There are many grades and yes, some do rust.

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, most alloys of stainless can't corrode but others corrode when exposed to temperatures above 450 degrees F (IIRC). Definitely not a good choice for a car's exhaust! 300-series stainless steel (like that used on the DeLorean body panels and kitchen appliances) is very corrosion resistant but more expensive and harder to machine. This is another reason why companies may use a cheaper alloy; more expensive (harder) alloys mean more expensive tooling is required. It's also going to be much harder to paint or coat those headers. Almost all stainless steel (all?) forms a coating of chormium oxide which most paint won't adhere to. Hope they weren't too pricey. They'll probably turn pretty ugly once they get hot and then wet.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my full refund from Paypal today,

watch flea bay, these headers are probably gonna be back up there any minute "awesomecarparts"

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saying Stainless Steel dosnt mean Jack to me.

Is it 304 or 409 ? or maybe niether?
This is the type of question you ask Before you purchase an exhaust component

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesomecarparts - Member of eBay since Nov 09. Yeah I would say its a good idea to stay far away. Sorry for the bad luck:(

FRC Z51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look like the set I got from v10natsking on ebay also...complete garbage and sent them back. He claimed the collector was a genuine Burns Stainless(my reason for purchasing). Obviously that was a lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala