Ebay headers

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The quality of the flanges on the set I returned was horrible. The ports were no where near sealing potential with a factory gasket. That said, for two hundred bucks you could have a custom bar stock flange cnc'd out and TIG welded. You'd still be ahead of the game by a mile.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im using them on a 02 gts im doing some mods for a friend and the headers are going on that car i was hoping someone on here got them and installed them get some feed back on that would be great!!!!

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I once installed a set of "ebay" stainless headders on another kind of vehicle. Horrible fitment issues, and once we got them to fit they instantly turned yellow and funky colors. The guy had something like 500 sets made in china, and was just dumping them at no reserve.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cannot go wrong with Bellangers---they fit and they make power. I bought mine for my 06 coupe for 1000 with pipes used. Deals are out there- be patient.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys serious? You guys are actually going to put this on your Viper?? Wow. Very very brave owners here.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, ummm $200 headers:dunno: uh not for my snake:nono:. I just installed a set of ceramic coated headers with 3" connectors for $1400 and they sure woke it up :2tu:

sniper :usa:

Last edited:

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am laughing at all the people who are excited about how they look. Look is nice, but with headers you pay for fit...and cheap headers on any vehicle usually don't fit worth a crap. Bad headers are an easy way to hate your car because of rattles and general annoying quirks.

But hell, you paid for the best car, why bother paying for the best mods?

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't recall anyone installing a set of these cheap headers recently. I think one person posted about his experience a while back and they were garbage. I do know this seller was advertising these headers as SVS and people were paying 900-1200 for a set. Once SVS called him on it he changed his listing to "SVS like." If I was one of those early buyers I would be quite upset. I emailed him a while ago when he first dropped the price and all his responses to my inquiries were evasive and non-descriptive.

This will most likely end up being a "you get what you pay for" scenario. I'd rather not put a part on my car that may fail, not fit correctly or rust out. Keep in mind headers will take several hours to install and these will not fit your stock cat pipes without modification.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do want to thank all the brave souls that are willing to sacrifice their Viper to test out these headers. I hope over time these prove to be a quality and reliable set of headers. Please post your results, good or bad, here.

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen the guy sells a cheap as hell TT kit too (minus turbos). Man, I know its probably not the best quality, but at what you're saving you sure do have alot left over to fix mistakes!

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am very interested in what these look like after a few heat cycles. if those flanges werent welded with the right rod and the flange and primary tube are different grades of material, they will crack. if these were good usa made and top grade stainless, the cost of materials alone would be $300-400.
i buy materials everyday and manufactor parts in house, thats why i believe these are overseas- built.

not to mention that a 1 1/2 stepped header is a WAAAY to small for this engine just naturally aspirsated. there wouldnt be any reason to go thru an all day install on these.

people wonder why this country is so f'd up buying everything overseas.

this is not a 78 Datsun. buy from a forum sponser or a vca member. there are hardworking american craftsmen right now in this country who make headers for your viper, and they fit and work like they should.

these same americans also have a phone number to call when you have an issue.
putting crap on a Viper is like building a beautiful modern home and getting your furniture at a scratch and dent sale at Big lots.

these are sold by a guy photgraphing them on a broke down card board box, in his garage. he has no interest in you and how you like your Viper after you install the headers, you will never even hear this guys voice.

not to mention, i cant see a shop for the seller, or direct contact info. i have a hard time spending money on performance parts for a Viper from a guy whose history shows him mostly selling jeans..........:dunno::omg::crazy2: would you fly in plane that had exhaust built or supplied by this guy??

it just burns me up when we have the opputunity to do better buying amercian, and we dont. especialy when the USA product is lightyears better in quality, and its built by people who have supported the Viper community

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a little voice in my head keeps saying "you get what you pay for". i wonder if it holds true here too?

i would love to see a before/after dyno results comparison done with these.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are headers, so of course they will yield good dyno results. But the main issue is fitment and quality. That's extremely suspect.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the guy has sold about 40 sets of these someone has got to have installed them by now !!!!
Unless they are all to embarrassed to post the results. You think we would of heard of these on a viper by now if anyone was proud of the product. :eater:

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well the guy im doing them for is planning on doing a dyno on his car after we are done but we are also doing some head work roller rockers and pushrods and a vipair intake so it will be hard to tell what the headers did for it

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless they are all to embarrassed to post the results. You think we would of heard of these on a viper by now if anyone was proud of the product. :eater:

In addition to that, even if someone makes them fit...it may be another four months before the welds break.

Based on my Corvette experiences with these headers, they are cheaper because you're going to spend the rest of the money at the exhaust shop getting minor tweaks to make them fit properly.

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to that, even if someone makes them fit...it may be another four months before the welds break.

Based on my Corvette experiences with these headers, they are cheaper because you're going to spend the rest of the money at the exhaust shop getting minor tweaks to make them fit properly.

So you are saying that a fitment adjustment and a weld fix("maybe")justifies paying from $2000.00 to $3000.00 more for a better fittment?seems like one hell of a viper tax if your asking me? What makes the headers for a viper so special?special tubing?no.special flanges?no.just different(computerized)bends and a little more linear feet of tubing.

Why is it that i can purchase a set of ****** full competition ceramic coated headers for my big block 69 camaro for $800.00 or less and the viper headers that are avalable cost 3 times that?

I guess the thing is that not all people can throw away money as well as others can.:dunno:

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FWIW I agree that the headder prices are pretty high for the Viper. Without support from a major aftermarket company, it's just going to be that way. If ****** made some cheaper then everyone would have to adjust their prices etc.

That being said, the "Ebay" headders in this thread are the equivilant materials and build quality of the $99 Blackjack headders that you could also get for your big block Camaro.

The Viper is no different from other cars/parts when it comes to "you get what you pay for". There will always be cheaper parts with major issues and more expensive parts with no or little issues.

If the seller of these ebay headers had confidence in his product, he would have a real website, a return policy, and sponsor forums etc. The reality is he saw a quick buck for a little investment, and is just dying to get his money back and move on to the next adventure. My guess would be that he has either met his goal for his ROI, or is just cutting his losses and trying to make room in his warehouse so he is just dumping this stuff with no reserve as fast as he can.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, as far as I remember, ****** did make a Viper header. As far as build quality and design, the original SVS header was the best compromise for a N/A car. These Chinese headers listed on Ebay copied the SVS design. The area where they faulter is the flange design, complete garbage. The merge collectors are beautifully Tig welded. I never installed the ones I purchased, because he had them advertised as 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" stepped SVS headers. The second I saw the box they came in, I knew they were bogus. If they had been the actual size stated, I would have kept them and spent the twenty or so hours re-fitting them with proper flanges. I believe it was my complaints that got the ad changed, though he was up standing and promptly refunded my $1,000 + dollars.

As much as I like the original SVS headers, I don't have $3,500+ dollars to spend on them (I got mine second hand). So if I did'nt already own a set of SVS headers, I would look straight to "American Racing Headers" . These headers have a functional merge design. They are made by a quality manufacturer right here in the good ol USA using US stainless steel. You can't beat their price, quality, and the option to select different primary sizes.

By the way, ****** quality is WORSE than those Chinese two hundred dollar headers. They are a ultra low quality, cheap import. ****** headers should come with a free ball peen hammer with each purchase.:bonker:

Last edited: