Ebay search delete words list

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On another forum I saw a thread where posters contributed words to not include or exclude in an Ebay search and wondered if anyone here has a list they use in an advanced search to avoid the results including everything in eBay with the name Viper as part of their product name..:)

Wendy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it can be done, use

Dodge Viper -(type in here what you don't want) and you have to use the minus sign

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Limit your search to Ebay Motors and just type in Viper and you won't see the toys, pool cues or S&M whips. :D :usa:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This string in eBay Motors cuts out a lot of the riff-raff. When you search eBay and find someone selling one annoying part, ignore it. You'll eventuall run out of space to add all the exclusions you want, so save them for those that have lots of annoying stuff, like tshirts, service manuals, or have one small Viper mention but are really selling other stuff.

viper -Eton, -shark, -invision, -motorcycle, -polo, -carpet, -"viper alarm" -6400+, -honda, -blank, -ATV, -yamaha, -saturn, -license, -avenger, -preshrunk, -excellect

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Limit your search to Ebay Motors and just type in Viper and you won't see the toys, pool cues or S&M"

No, you need more than that.

My list is very much like Tom's.

I found that 1/24, 1/32 was a good thing to add also.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Limit your search to Ebay Motors and just type in Viper and you won't see the toys, pool cues or S&M"

No, you need more than that.

My list is very much like Tom's.

I found that 1/24, 1/32 was a good thing to add also.

So you don't exclude whips then? :D

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not if you want to look them over, some really good deals on whips.

Go for quality, good ones will last night after night.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This string in eBay Motors cuts out a lot of the riff-raff. When you search eBay and find someone selling one annoying part, ignore it. You'll eventuall run out of space to add all the exclusions you want, so save them for those that have lots of annoying stuff, like tshirts, service manuals, or have one small Viper mention but are really selling other stuff.

viper -Eton, -shark, -invision, -motorcycle, -polo, -carpet, -"viper alarm" -6400+, -honda, -blank, -ATV, -yamaha, -saturn, -license, -avenger, -preshrunk, -excellect

Good feedback!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the sellers you don't want and pick something that all his/her auctions have in common to eliminate them all, but not eliminate "good" hits.

For instance, one seller I didn't want misspelled "excellent" and wrote "excellect" in every ad. That was perfect - eliminate that seller and nothing else.