ECM, PCM, etc. etc.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the threads discussing the new MOPAR performance (track only, eh-hem, eh-hem)module upgrade, for the GenIV, and in reading the various threads and install instructions there is info about re-flashing the "e-throttle"....
I'm not interested in doing the power upgrade part,beacuse the car is a road car with occasional track day duty, but I do want to improve the throttle response feel (too slow and spongey).
My Question...Is there just the upgrade/re-flash/new module I can get for the throttle? And if so, where? My dealer?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the threads discussing the new MOPAR performance (track only, eh-hem, eh-hem)module upgrade, for the GenIV, and in reading the various threads and install instructions there is info about re-flashing the "e-throttle"....
I'm not interested in doing the power upgrade part,beacuse the car is a road car with occasional track day duty, but I do want to improve the throttle response feel (too slow and spongey).
My Question...Is there just the upgrade/re-flash/new module I can get for the throttle? And if so, where? My dealer?

Not for an '08. It was included in the '09 controller. But the difference, as I was told by several of the SRT guys, is virtually unnoticeable.

It IS included in the Mopar ecu upgrade you described.

OP
OP
G

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, to get the throttle upgrade, I have to get the whole power upgrade package?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As City said the 09's aren't much different and a couple of guys I know w/09's say the same.

The contoller makes a big difference in throttle response. Peak HP and TRQ aren't huge (on mine 9 hp and 14 TRQ w/headers) but better and smoother across the band. Got to be someone in Big D that would give you a demo, if not take a trip to SCA, we've got a few here on 08's and 09's you can test.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Mopar ECU. I really don't notice any power gains, but as stated above, the Throttle pedal feels better,,,, and the damn skip-shift is gone!:2tu:

I do plan on exhaust upgrades in the near future. Probably Gears as well.