ECU tune for Gen III's

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is one tune better than another. DC seems to be very popular on the forum. I also heard Roe sends you one you have to plug in the dash and down load yourself. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

DWR46

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the DC Performance tune on two GenII and two GenIII Vipers. Great results, could not be happier!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe Racing, DC Performance, Viper Specialty to name a few are great! You have choices. Best bet is to call them, tell them about your mods, send them a dyno sheet and they can custom tune for you. All support and sell the SCT tuner which is the way to go these days for PCM flashing. Since you're in NY, give Dan at Viper Specialty a call. He may be close to you. :dunno:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did both the DC Performance flash and I use a Vec3. The SCT sounds like a great tool also. Any of the above mentioned vendors/tuners can hook you up. The DC Performance tune is something where you send out your CPU box and re-install it. Thats absolutely no big deal to do! The SCT is just a plug in and flash but has the option to be able to recieve changes via E-mail. You are limited though (3) on those from what I understand unless you buy more. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks forthe info fellas. I am not a computer guy so I would rather not plug anything in myself. Will call each vendor discuss. Thanks

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks forthe info fellas. I am not a computer guy so I would rather not plug anything in myself. Will call each vendor discuss. Thanks

you don't need to be a computer guy......can you plug in a lamp in an outlet??? Its that easy with the SCT from roe or whoever.

I did it last summer, on a car with just a corsa and filters the car really woke up in the midrange power (no question) I did not have the car dynoed again after the sct tune but from the seat-of the-pants dyno it feels good.
If you need to put the car back to stock just plug the sct back in a upload the factory tune. Very very easy

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you don't need to be a computer guy......can you plug in a lamp in an outlet??? Its that easy with the SCT from roe or whoever.

I did it last summer, on a car with just a corsa and filters the car really woke up in the midrange power (no question) I did not have the car dynoed again after the sct tune but from the seat-of the-pants dyno it feels good.
If you need to put the car back to stock just plug the sct back in a upload the factory tune. Very very easy

Is this SCT a hand held device. And does it keep the tunes loaded on it(how many tunes can it hold?) so if need be I can up load the factory tune?

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this SCT a hand held device. And does it keep the tunes loaded on it(how many tunes can it hold?) so if need be I can up load the factory tune?

The ROE SCT Flash will hold three tunes plus your STOCK tune, as it saves it from your initial plug in. I'm not sure if the others will save your stock tune, but that was important to me if I need to take the car back into the dealer for warranty work.

TRMIN8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been checking out different ways to tune as well, looks like the SCT is the best route with mildly modded cars...

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yes handheld unit and yes it keeps your stock tune. When you plug the unit in it will ask you what tune you wish to upload low/mid/high they tell you to start with the low and work your way up (depending on which octane of gas is available in your area).
I went from low to high and skipped the mid but i have 94 octane fuel in my area and the car ran just perfect. I have never plugged it back in since, but i'm sure if i did one of the options would be uploading the stock tune. Like I said with the tune the car will run better all around, (throttle response, fans come on sooner, etc) I did notice that the car "pops" more a decel after doing the SCT tune.

Last edited:

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can talk to the person who programmed the SCT to add some decell enleanment to get rid of the popping on decel. Lots can be done with the SCT. Talk to any of the forum vendors that work with the SCT to get all of your questions answered.
Michael

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can talk to the person who programmed the SCT to add some decell enleanment to get rid of the popping on decel. Lots can be done with the SCT. Talk to any of the forum vendors that work with the SCT to get all of your questions answered.
Michael

I Have been told that about the decel problem/concern but the car has been in the garage since late October so i have done nothing about it. WINTERS TERRIBLE!!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting mine done at A.R.T. in March. I talked with David and it will have stock tune plus 3 others.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte