educate me on wheels that fit our cars

viper04blk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to have a spare rim I can use to avoid tow truck bills in the event of a flat tire. Anyone know of a rim/rubber combo from another car that can fit our front or our rear tires?

Destructo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could get a doughnut spare from a Gen II, or maybe from a Dakota/Ram. Other makes of truck perhaps. Not much else out there with 6 lug rims on non-truck vehicles.

Edit: I don't know if a gen 2 doughnut would clear the brakes on a gen 3.

While I have a doughnut in my gen 2, I also carry a puncture repair kit & small air pump. I'd only use a doughnut if the tire can't be plugged, and then only in emergency. Two tires of different diameter on the rear for any length of time would probably be a more expensive fix than a tow.

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could get a doughnut spare from a Gen II, or maybe from a Dakota/Ram. Other makes of truck perhaps. Not much else out there with 6 lug rims on non-truck vehicles.
Edit: I don't know if a gen 2 doughnut would clear the brakes on a gen 3.

I also suspect that the spare from the Gen II wouldn't clear the brakes on a gen 3; just because I know that Dave's Big Brakes marketed a spare tire adapter for the Gen II with aftermarket big brake kits. http://www.viperpartsrack.com/spare-tire-adapter
I suggest contacting JonB at viperpartsrack for advice.

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are better offer buying a portable tire compressor and a plug kit. if you are lazy then you can buy that goo stuff.

ubengineering

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so are you going to carry a donut spare in the passenger seat everywhere you go? Because that's the only place there would be room for one in a gen3.

OP
OP
V

viper04blk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope.... it will be at home in my garage. I will call my wife, and say "bring me the spare tire" .

OP
OP
V

viper04blk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found after market rims that look better then stock for 350 bucks new. I may just buy new rims for the whole car, and keep my OEM rims

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang