EERRRCCCHHHH

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I haven't strapped the front lines down yet; and I still don't know where those lttle rubber donuts (feet?) are supposed to go Dave

There are 2 pictures that I sent you for the brake line routing:D The rubber feet go between the control arm & the line. Make a figure 8 with the wire tie. New pictures sent :drive:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just 'bedded' my pads on the new 14" front brakes. Wow! I'm probably exagerating ... but I swear it looked like I stopped from 40mph in 40'.

The ABS takes all the excitement out of energency stops though. No squeeling tires, smoke or flat spots. Boring, hit the brakes and it just does a smooth stop. No ABS takes a tiny bit more room to stop, but ... maybe it's worth it?

Love the brakes, I went with lighweight rotors and 13" rears. Great job.

Ted

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting ready to install my brakes. Can I ask what you used to cut off the tabs? I was thinking about renting a portaband. I thought it might be faster and cleaner than a sawzall

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tabs? You mean the 'tabs' that the calipers bolt to?

the 14" calipers use an adapter that bolts to the tabs and resets the new calipers bolt holes in a new location specifically for the Gen 3 calipers.

Perhaps you're asking someone else a different question?

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4