Electrical problems

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my way to meet up with my dad for a cruise I notice that when i put on the turn signal, the Speedometer bounces in sequence with the turn arrow on the dash. Light goes on, speedometer drops 15 mph or so then as light flashes off, it jumps up. I drive the car about 15 miles and turn it off. Go on a 50 mile cruise with absolutely no symptoms whatsoever.
Within 2 miles of my studio, the tach and speedo quite working when i turn the headlights on. The two turn signal lights stay illuminated as well. I park the car, come back out 45 minutes later and start it up to go home. Its now dark and I notice that the lights behind the tach and speedo dont work. I turn the headlights off and the speedo and tach sometimes work. The turn signals do work, however you cannot tell from inside as both arrows stay lit. If i turn on the hazards I get a strange hissing sound inside, and the lights on the outside act jittery. Anyone have any idea of what could be going on here????????

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always immediately suspect a bad ground. Someone will chime in on underdash ground location. I know that there are two right next to the headlights. They are top of frame on the inside corner of each headlight.
Check under the dash for ground locations and clean and tighten.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala