Emotional Post...Please Read

Reaction score
Well David vision is one of the many gifts GOD has gave to us. I'm called you made it through the operartion and wish you the best with you new vision. Happy Holidays

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is wonderful! I wish you all the best, and hope to see you at the track. Well, keep up the great products and the additions to the Mumford-Adelberg wars.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a wonderful thing that has been bestowed to you!! A true gift that some person has given to make someone else's life better. A gift that gives another a chance to see, and a chance to experience life to the fullest. What a wonderful, selfless gift to give so that someone else may not have to suffer. If something should happen to me, God forbid, I made the decision to fill in the donor card on the back of my driver's license many years ago, in hopes that my misfortune can bring bring hope to someone else's life. I hope that some of you out there have done the same. My prayers are with you Dave, and to the family of the donor. God bless.

I also urge everyone, if you have the means, to give a charitable gift of assets or a donation to organizations or groups that help improve the quality of life and advance the science of medicine. Organizations like the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, or St. Jude's Children's Hospital or "fill in the blank" with your charity of choice. Not only will you be helping others, but you can ease your tax burden as well. The old cliche does apply "The life you save may be yours".

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, having previsouly been the Administrator for Transplant Services Center at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, this is exactly the kind of story that I love to hear about. Of course none of this would be possible without the donor (makes one think!!!) Congrats and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I feel your concern. Two years ago I suffered loss of some vision in my left eye because of a detached retina (because I was aging and had severe near sight). A year later my right eye started to experience the same thing. Very nerve racking. JUST YESTERDAY, the right eye cured itself (says my doctor) and I am on cloud nine. I am certainly not ready to throw in the towel and want enough sight to see my wife and drive my car.

I am SO happy for you, even though I don't know you. I am pulling and praying for you. Good luck, man.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, all of your pals here in our North Texas region are excited to hear the news that your surgery seems to have been a success. We wuz ALL a little worried about you during Finals at MSR. Of course, now it is US who are worried! You're probably going to come to our next meeting in January, look around, and say..... you mean I've actually been hanging around with THESE ugly guys!!!!!!!! Bless you man!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The back of my drivers license is signed as an "organ donor" for just this reason (and has been since I was 18). I hope a few more folks decide to do this as well when they read this thread. God Bless and Happy Holidays!

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

With the holidays upon us and the spirit of giving all around us, I wanted to drop a line to tell you about a wonderful gift that I've been given. Second to the day I first held my pre-mature twin daugters in my hands, this is the _BEST DAY OF MY LIFE_!

When I was twelve I ran into a steel bar that cut my left eye and fractured my skull. It was a big accident that took a few months to recover from and left me with some scars. As time went by, my vision started to degrade and we thought it was a result of the accident. Later we learned that have a degenerative eye disease that by the age of 30 had left me completely blind in my left eye and quickly going blind in my right.

Over the last few years I've been paralized with the fear of losing the gift of vision. Thoughts of _NOT BEING ABLE_ to see my children grow or to drive a car, simply terrified me. So I finally mustered the courage to a plunge and have transplant surgery.

Yesterday I accepted the gift of a lifetime, my eyesight. Early this morning my doctor proclaimed that the first day after my surgery I have 20/40 vision (from 20/600) and it should only get better.

The sad part to this story is that someone else lost their life in order to restore a part of mine. I do not, and probably will never know who it was that died. I will however be eternally gratefull to the person, and the family that made this possible. I hope it would ease the burden of their loss to know that they've given life to mine. I owe them.

I realize this may be unrelated to the typical Vipr posts. On the other hand it is related as I've been given an entirely new family in the Viper community to enjoy and I wanted to remind you to take time to appreciate the little things. I'm seeing things today that I haven't seen in 15 years. I hope you will too.

I'm going out side to smell the "Proverbial" roses and to spend some time with my kids.

Best wishes to all. Tittle

Charlie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story Dave.. It makes me think about and appreciate my good health. This IS the season for giving and being thankful. I would say that the good Lord is watching out for you, no pun intended.

I wish everyone as happy a Christmas as you are going to have.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Wonderful News! We must all be thankful for the truly valuable things in life...Health and Happiness.

Sad news yesterday, My wifes cousin, at the young age of 22, has passed on as his Muscular Dystrophy (Duchennes syndrome) has run its' course and this young man, with all his mental capacities, had to bear the reality for most of his short life, that his muscles would degenerate to the point of immobility, and eventually, expiration.

We must ALL try to keep our priorities in check. Helping others, our families, and friends...are the most precious thoughts that we must maintain.

No preaching here...just facts! I wish everyone a Happy and HEALTHY Holiday!

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a truly wonderful gift at christmas Time, Good Luck Dave and may we all be inspired at this time of year for the gift of giving.....BEST WISHES

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes a mustard see worth of faith to move a mountain.... To regain eyesight? You must know something we don't. Congradulations and what a wonderful story..
Keep the faith,

Gerald

Reaction score
Congratulations Dave, Great news! I know exactly what you mean; I have an artificial right eye and live with a constant fear of something happening to my left eye. Happy Holidays!

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, what a wonderful gift to receive, especially at this time of year! I know you will certainly enjoy your family even more during this Holiday season with the precious gift of sight. Happy Holidays to you and yours, and thank God for the donor's planning ahead, so someone else could have the gift of sight.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic!

Reminds us all to be sure we, too are organ donors on Drivers' licenses and any other designation.

Keith

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187