Enclosed Trailer

RacerSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in the market for an enclosed trailer for my viper. I have a few questions:

What sized enclosed trailers are you guys using? What is the minimum length enclosed trailer I could get away with?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. some pictures of your set-ups would be cool.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 8.5 X 20 foot dove tailed trailer. It is not the best trailer on the market but for 5K new it was a great deal to me.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
R

RacerSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. That link helped alot. Looks like a 20' -24' trailer will do the trick. I will post a pic after I purchase it.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old thread but I have a question. I bought a 24" Pace enclosed trailer a while ago. It's a very nice one with a work desk in it with lighting and the works. I have used it a few times moving my Viper with no problems. It did not have a manual with it when I bought it and I just looked up the model number on google. It looks like it's listed only at 7000lbs GWVR and only 3150lbs payload capacity. My 94 RT/10 is around 3400lbs I would think. Is 250lbs to many pounds over?

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I just saw that when it is coupled to the tow vehicle you can add an extra 10% to the payload capacity. So that would make it 3465lbs for the payload capacity. That should be fine correct?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also for anyone who might be looking at this thread as they are wanting to get a trailer, highly recommeended to install a E Track strapping system to the trailer. I just did this to mine and love it.

For those who are not versed in E Track, it is a strip about 4 inches wide that looks like a train track and runs the entire inside length of the trailer under your tires. Once installed on both sides under the tires, you can order special straps that go over the tire and clip into the E track. No more crawling under the car to find the frame holes etc. Best part is, it allows the suspension on the car to still work while the trailer goes over bumps!:drive:

Total cost with straps, about $250. I found a place called Mac's Custom Tiedowns that seems to carry everything that is needed for Vipers.:2tu:

Hope this helps!

Robert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AIllick