1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encounter with a "Tree-Hugger"...Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by cfiiman, Sep 15, 2013.

1. cfiiman

cfiiman Viper Owner

Believe me I thought about it, but in the end who would have more to lose in that situation....me for sure and I'm not willing to risk a lawsuit over it. In fact I'm not so sure that these bums don't try to start something like this just so they can sue and that is why they target people with nice cars, who knows. Here is the problem with just going right into something physical, with the understood first issue being you might lose the fight lol. In a court of law "saying" something to anyone is not a cause for physical altercation, unless maybe he said "I'm going to kill you" or something to that fashion. If however he walked over to me that is a different story and that is why I tried to say the response back 2X as loud and called his car a piece of $hit, not b/c I thought it was but to see how far he wanted to take it. Honestly I'm glad he just walked back to his car and didn't even look in my direction when he came out (I was staring right at him), the last thing I want to do is fight someone over something like this, but I was ready for sure if he would have approached me. I do agree with you though, I feel like it should be "okay" to just kick the $hit out of someone who starts something with you when you are minding your own business, but unfortunately it is not in today's culture, especially when you are perceived as successful and driving a nice car that makes you now public enemy number 1 :dunno:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. Cobraken

Cobraken Viper Owner

In some states it is a crime to utter words that are likely to provoke a violent response.

3. STUGOTS

STUGOTS Enthusiast

REALLY??? I wanna live there

4. v10enomous

v10enomous Enthusiast

The Liberals have managed to indoctrinate millions of guilt ridden self loathing misguided ill informed shameless hypocritical bullies known as useful idiots by the evil people that exploit them at their own expense. Other than that I really don't have an opinion on the matter. :rolleyes:

5. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Enthusiast

i love this. gonna use it next time i have to deal with one of THOSE people

6. latamud

latamud Enthusiast

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No comment.

7. Moodie

Moodie Viper Owner

This happened to me a few nights ago, I was with the wife and kids in her 2014 Jeep Cherokee parking at the market, I was sure it was
    going to happen and I was going to get my butt kicked. The only thing that saved me from the big fellow was my .380. You have to be carful about how far you are willing to take it, maybe the next guy will take it further. All over how close I parked to his 2000 Audi.

8. FLL-B/W-GTS

FLL-B/W-GTS Viper Owner

I have people doing that hating look at me all the time about the house and cars all the time,Fucxx them.I earned my money to buy the stuff. Never had any one actually confront me, but if they started something, it would be a really bad day for them. Having nice stuff, you have to be very aware, because the haters will mess with it when you are not around. Enjoy your Viper, just be carful...

9. Dom426h

Dom426h Enthusiast

I get people all the time at gas stations asking me "what kinda fuel economy does it get"
    I always answer, She can do 20mpg on the highway as long as i keep it in 6th gear.
    Then i go on to say: Not bad considering most V8 pickup-trucks & SUV's on the road are only getting like 15-17.
    Then if they ask me how i tell them about how tall the gearing is and that at 70-80mph the motor is humming around 1500 rpm's. If they know anything about cars this blows their mind. lol

When people ask me this question i dont try to think about whether they are genuinely interested or if they are trying to insinuate something negative. It doesn't make a difference to me. I just answer them all the same and then ask if they'd like to check the car out. I'm a positive person and only like positive energy coming from me.

In the OP's situation it was obviously a very negative statement. Sometimes that is tough to deal with... If it was me and i ended up yelling back then it would have gotten to me. I would have felt negative about the entire situation and it would have bugged me lingering for days if not months which would have slightly thrown off my mojo and positive outlook on life. Some people pray to God for the strength to do the right thing in tough situations like this. My morals tell me that the right thing is certainly Not to anticipate a negative verbal retaliation, physical fight, or pulling out a gun, Even if all of those are easier than responding with a positive logical response.

10. FastZilla

FastZilla Enthusiast

I just say it belongs to my a-hole boss...I'm just the assistant....

11. LeadfootRT10

LeadfootRT10 Enthusiast

Whenever any one asks about my car and the size of my unit, i just tell them to ask their mom about it.

12. madninjaskillz

madninjaskillz Enthusiast

Great post.

13. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Enthusiast

Well spoken! :2tu:

14. DrumrBoy

DrumrBoy Enthusiast

"Thank you for being so environmentally minded....if you weren't gas prices would go up and I'd drive this less"

15. DrumrBoy

DrumrBoy Enthusiast

Though I did think your retort and the baby seal idea were the best.

16. Richard Koch

Richard Koch Enthusiast

Just tell your car is a hybrid.. It burns gas and rubber.

17. v10enomous

v10enomous Enthusiast

18. VYPR BYT 94

VYPR BYT 94 Enthusiast

cruising 70 mph @ just above 1200rpm = 24 mpg (highway) last year on a car that is close to 20 yrs old...
    hmm... their cars idle higher than that

19. wirepaladin08

wirepaladin08 Enthusiast

I'd had my '08 coupe about two months. I had stopped at the dry cleaners to drop off some clothes when a guy in a Prius pulls up and says "Your car sure uses a lot of gas. You should be ashamed."

I responded "I'd be ashamed if I was driving that piece of **** you're driving. And when you start paying my gas bill, then you get a vote in what I drive." He did not have anything else to say.

20. cfiiman

cfiiman Viper Owner

LOL, nice one!

21. Blainne

Blainne Viper Owner

I never EVER drive my Viper without packing my pistol. Too many idiots out there. Explains how these morons got voted into our current government.

Hippie gets stupid Ill handcuff him and give him a free ride to the local cell to reflect on his retardation.

If the hippie idiots had half a brain they would realize Trucks and SUVs get far worse mPG and are driven more.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  22. spartan

spartan Enthusiast

i just say its just like the car; long, low, wide, and faster than your first sexual experience

23. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

I've posted this story before. This was back when I had my 05 yellow vert. I'm sitting at a stop light when I get that feeling we have all felt when someone is staring at us. I look to the right and some a$$hole in a Prius is flipping me off! Well it took about a half a sec to figure out why...so I did what any of you would have done to respond...the light turned green and I romped the gas!:headbang:

24. GRANGER73

GRANGER73 Enthusiast

I just thank them for their gas saving efforts which ensure there will be enough fuel for me to enjoy my "Guzzler".

25. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Enthusiast

Meh... I get the comments from time to time... Can't say it isn't expected... My plate is... FU99PCT... :D

26. v10enomous

v10enomous Enthusiast

I never noticed that... You gotta get out more. You would have loved this past weekend's show and cruise. I hear your new ride is sick !

27. cfiiman

cfiiman Viper Owner

LOL that's awesome :D

28. aqwut

aqwut Enthusiast

Keep on trucking...
    At least it was only words. My H2 driver side was keyed from door to door by a tree hugger extremist.

29. Blainne

Blainne Viper Owner

[​IMG]

I flip myself off every time I look in the mirror after a drive in the viper.... you just can't help yourself after driving a Prius.:drive:

30. JeffInDFW

JeffInDFW Viper Owner

Its amazing how the liberal tree hugger crowd always wants to ram what THEY want down the throat of the rest of the country. Its amazing how that same crowd is willing to vandalize peoples property, and threaten them. Yet, THEY claim to be "so enlightened".

Maybe it is time for the rest of us to rise up. Ranchers should start raising hell and lobbying congress to FORCE everyone to drive Ford F-450s. We should do the same to FORCE everyone to drive ultra high performance vehicles.

I've had a few crappy comments about my 4x4 SUV, and I respond that I am involved in search and rescue, and "It is hard to save your worthless @** if I am in a Prius". I admit, when people go after me with this psycho hippie BS, I go full nuclear on them with COMPLETELY vulgar language about their wife/daughter, etc. If they feel they can say whatever they want, then they will get it in return. They have gone out of their way to attack me because THEY don't like what I drive, that makes them completely fair game and I do not play nice. I want to -horrify- them, and usually succeed. I will NOT go physical first, and I absolutely never start any problem with anyone. I'm the nicest guy on Earth, but I will no longer tolerate this Enviro-Nazi crowd.