Engine Bay pictures.. Post up.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In some of the pictures, it looks like Gen III/1V valve covers on Gen II motors...is that true? I didn't think the later covers would fit! Baz, your motor looks like one of them with later covers.

Looks nice, could someone confirm?

Thanks much!:headbang:

I am using Gen 3 VCs on my Gen 2. I am using a spacer plate between the VC and cylinder head. the spacer is needed for additional clearance for roller rockers.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tree....nice look, definitely going to consider. Do you still need the spacer if you have stock rockers?

My valve covers look like they had teenage acne. I do as much as I can before a show, but nothing can really make it look much better. Either I replace with other stock ones in nice shape, go for powder coating or replace with Gen III's. Not sure yet.

Thanks!:headbang:

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CIMG3016.JPG

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tree....nice look, definitely going to consider. Do you still need the spacer if you have stock rockers?

My valve covers look like they had teenage acne. I do as much as I can before a show, but nothing can really make it look much better. Either I replace with other stock ones in nice shape, go for powder coating or replace with Gen III's. Not sure yet.

Thanks!:headbang:

You need special spacers for them to fit. they are a little costly also, but look good.

You can see he spacers on top of the heads in this photo....

I am using Striker heads and Jeff (JM Cylinder heads) can provide the spacers.
I think they were around $1100.

I think JonB has them too.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are two different spacer designs. The standard type like the Ebay ones mount with studs, and can leak oil all over if you take your valve covers off. Some of the cheaper versions do not even have O-Ring grooves, and are usually cut by WaterJet rather than a Mill- so they are a very different satin finish. The more expensive versions [like above on the Strikers] have O-ring grooves, as well as utilize a "double stud" mounting system. The spacer bolts to the block, and the valve cover bolts to the spacer. This keeps the spacer sealed at all times, and you don't drip oil all over.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I know Vipers aren't really driving in the rain, but do you have any problems with water after you wash it? It's close to the fuse box isn't it? Thanks!
I haven't had any issues with the stock fues box or PCM, but mounting my VEC directly under that hole was a bad idea. I don't really drive in rain, but when I wash my car, I always put a plastic bag over my VEC and over the hole for the interior ventilation duct / airbox.
Quite a bit of water pools up so I have to soak it all up after washing.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am using Gen 3 VCs on my Gen 2. I am using a spacer plate between the VC and cylinder head. the spacer is needed for additional clearance for roller rockers.

Do the Gen 3 covers need any other mods for the gen 2? Will all the hoses still connect or do you special attachments or anything else?

I also noticed that your oil cap is located on the other side. I'm guessing it doesn't matter which side you fill it up on.

Your engine looks amazing!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the Gen 3 covers need any other mods for the gen 2? Will all the hoses still connect or do you special attachments or anything else?

I also noticed that your oil cap is located on the other side. I'm guessing it doesn't matter which side you fill it up on.

Your engine looks amazing!

I believe that was it.

I had to have a custom water pipe fab'd for the heater but I don't believe it was due to the VCs only. I do remember that it was a tight fit though.
I think BAZ was able to use his OEM heater pipe.

Painted Gen 2 VCs.....

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also had some SS water pipes made up.. The OE ones are a very tight fit and don't mount to the new covers in the same place as a Gen2.....

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found another, mine is pretty stock, smooth tubes, S&B filtersm stainless steel hexhead fasteners:

You must be registered for see images attach

Tried everything to make/keep the fins on the intake shiney, but I just can't get them to look good!:crazy2:

Sorry, picture is small...from my phone!

Last edited:

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score

pdparker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mostly stock GenI with K&N kit. A blank canvas at this point.

Attachments

• !B266T7!!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKikE)RFWBYUqBMkU-gB-OQ~~_3.jpg
    !B266T7!!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKikE)RFWBYUqBMkU-gB-OQ~~_3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 18

1a-play

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bushido- what are the line off the valve covers? going to a pump?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth