Engine light under hard braking?

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Out for a cruise last night, when I came upon a changing traffic light, instead of gunning it, I had to brake hard, (I love the way the car stops under hard braking with no nose dive), anyway, the engine light came on for about a second under hard braking....never seen that before......is that normal?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not normal. Are you sure it was the engine light and night some other warning light for a low fluid condition?

What he said^^^
in my old gts after I had the engine rebuilt the oil light would come on for a hot second under hard braking or acceleration some times.

OP
OP
J

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not normal. Are you sure it was the engine light and night some other warning light for a low fluid condition?

Yup, it was the red engine silhouette in the lower left side of the center "info center" gauge

No...Scan tool is your best friend....

Can I still scan it after the light went off? The light was only on for about 1 second.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need for a scan tool. It's an oil pressure alert. Check your levels. If you enjoy braking as much as I do, you will need to make some changes like a baffled oil pan, etc... to keep from damaging the engine.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang