ETC & CEL Gen4

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ETB & CEL Gen4

Posting from iPhone
Today was very nice cool day. I just installed k&n filter and removed the rain deflector. Went for drive and about 40 miles into it, the ETB light starts flashing and CEL comes on. I pull over and turn car off about 10 minutes, start again and ETB is not flashing anymore but CEL is still on. I have the Mopar Controller, K&N typhoon air kit and that is it. Car runs great, no problems at all.

I'll pull the code when I get back home. In the meantime, any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got home and tried to read the code and kept getting fail. I'll put the deflector back in and try clearing the code again in the morning. Thanks for the reply!!

You think there is too much direct air flow getting in the scoop that causes this?

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will get a restriction code if you put the two black bags (for rain) over the filters and take the car to WOT. It does not alway put the light on, but you will always get a code.

Garrett

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I do have those on. I will take those off and install the rain deflector again and go for a drive today.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to know why some Gen4 cars run fine with the deflector removed while others, mine included, will not.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some show in the computer as a stored code. The light will not be on but the code can be read from the computer.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ETB & CEL Gen4

Posting from iPhone
Today was very nice cool day. I just installed k&n filter and removed the rain deflector. Went for drive and about 40 miles into it, the ETB light starts flashing and CEL comes on. I pull over and turn car off about 10 minutes, start again and ETB is not flashing anymore but CEL is still on. I have the Mopar Controller, K&N typhoon air kit and that is it. Car runs great, no problems at all.

I'll pull the code when I get back home. In the meantime, any ideas?

VicTxV10, On my Gen III there are screws that hold the rain/water deflector on. I looked at my GenIV and dont see screws but foam around the borders. How did u remove it?

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ETB & CEL Gen4

VicTxV10, On my Gen III there are screws that hold the rain/water deflector on. I looked at my GenIV and dont see screws but foam around the borders. How did u remove it?

Plastic buttons and the foam has sticky tape on it. Carefully pull out the buttons and peel the foam off. You can stick it back on if necessary.