Euroteck or Stoptech rotors

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had Euroteck for 3 years now on my 06 coupe. Two years of Viper Days and local track events. Have performance friction pads on front and brakeman 3's on the rear (installed by Archer at Viper days) ...

The Eurotecks are awesome! Stop well, look great. Be safe out there folks! :)

Glad to hear you are still happy with them. Thanks again.:)

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to turn into a Coke or Pepsi thread.:eater: I would say get which ever you like. OP-Either one in slotted would be great for the track.

I think you are way off base here. Both Coke and Pepsi are sodas and therefore have no braking application at all. In fact, I doubt you could actually fit a Coke or Pepsi, bottle or can in the place of either brand of brake rotor. And you call yourself a car guy, Geez!:lmao::lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I do like the black rotor "hats" better on the Stoptechs .....

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wich ones are lighter ?
Euroteck claims 17 lbs per rotor vs 27 lbs for the stock ones, a 40 lbs saving of unsprung mass all around, this is great !
How do the Stoptech compare ?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought RoeRacing 14" slotted lightweight front brake kit. Unbelievable price difference as Sean was cheaper - and a site sponsor. First time I really pounded my new 'broken in' front brakes it caused the alignment to fail. Huge difference over the stopetech 13" that came with my car. The Stoptech rotors also have a slight bit of 'heatcheck' from the crossdrilled holes. OK for street, but not a good item for racing.

Watched Lingenfelter's vette do a "fastest to 200mph and back to zero" competition and his (Stoptech?) rotors cracked while cooling down after a run two times in a row. Great for stopping, but not for long hot stops.

Ted

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought RoeRacing 14" slotted lightweight front brake kit. Unbelievable price difference as Sean was cheaper - and a site sponsor. First time I really pounded my new 'broken in' front brakes it caused the alignment to fail. Huge difference over the stopetech 13" that came with my car. The Stoptech rotors also have a slight bit of 'heatcheck' from the crossdrilled holes. OK for street, but not a good item for racing.

Watched Lingenfelter's vette do a "fastest to 200mph and back to zero" competition and his (Stoptech?) rotors cracked while cooling down after a run two times in a row. Great for stopping, but not for long hot stops.

Ted

ouch and ouch

CDNViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wich ones are lighter ?
Euroteck claims 17 lbs per rotor vs 27 lbs for the stock ones, a 40 lbs saving of unsprung mass all around, this is great !
How do the Stoptech compare ?

can i re-ask this question? which ones are lighter?
i do way more drag racing and would rather buy the lightest one

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe that the Stoptechs were supposed to be 9# lighter - but I think that was for 13"?

The cross drilled rotors should be the lightest, but they're only good for street and not high speed braking. I watched Lingenfelter's vette with slotted/crossdrilled rotors do full stops from 200mph and the rotors snapped each run. Record time stopping, but needed a new rotor each stop. That's one of the reasons I bought Roe Racing brakes.

Ted

Ted

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the strick bling factor--EUROTECH. I have them on my 06 and love em. Cross drilled and slotted--I know cross drilling isn't good for racing, but it'll never see a race track.

Reaction score
I have the Eurotek cross/drilled rotors on my car and it does all kinds of autocross AND track events. I have been through 3 sets of pads now in 5900 miles this summer and the the rotors are still perfect! I drive hard and use the brakes a lot doing it so I believe they are a sound and light weight investment. I would not sell them exclusively if I didn't.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have drilled stoptechs... I don't track it....they looked really nice when I first put them on but did not stay that way.

They don't come zinc washed. I'm sure it was an option but I didn't think about it or rather expected that at $1800.00 they would come zinc washed......which means the holes and vents rusted. I had to take them appart, removed the rust with a liquid rust remover then painted them to prevent future rusting.

The anodized black stoptech hats became more of a pale flat black. So I poweder coated those black.

I think the eurotechs come zinc washed or it may be an option.

I think the Eurotech hats look better.

What ever you end up getting make sure the rotors are zinc washed or at a minimum paint them before you use them.

31.jpg

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great question by CDNViper Re:( can i re-ask this question? which ones are lighter?
i do way more drag racing and would rather buy the lightest one. ) I to would like to know the difference on the 14" Rotors for the SRT Viper, between stoptech and eurotech ? :) :eater:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I took my stoptechs apart to clean them. During the process I weighed the Eurotechs against the other - the Stoptechs indicate about half a pound lighter. The casting on the impellers of the stoptechs appear more refined.....the hex bolts which drive into the pins on the stoptechs are aluminum while on the Eurotechs either steel or like component. The eurotechs have staggered torque settings on the pin drive bolts (some on them you can shake with your hand) purpose being to allow for expansion under extreme heat. Pin bolts on the stoptechs have a uniform torque setting of 72inch pound per bolt. If over torqued they easily break off (JonB got me a few sets quickly). The rotors on the stoptech hats are made in Italy (indicated on the casting ridge) and according to Neil the Eurotechs made in U.S.A. The Eurotechs are the best of the two for show...in fact I have them on the ACR now....

There is word on these forums that the Eurotechs come with different vendor names, Neil is probably the best source to clarify that.....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Art... The hat is a bit lighter, but the rotor is heavier = ~1 lb ea more than StopTeck, but 30 lbs less than OE !

We have been a distributor of the same manufacturer of these 'sexier' rotors since 2004. They do offer 'private label' but I wouyld not pay more to have PartsRack on em! Hats made in USA. We Offer them competitively WITHOUT any private-label, and we can do Red, Silvery, or Black hats....Slotted or drilled.

And yes, as ILLSMOQ sez, StopTech OPTIONAL plating adds money: $120/set of 4.....standard on OE ACR but at twice the price!

Actually I took my stoptechs apart to clean them. During the process I weighed the Eurotechs against the other - the Stoptechs indicate about half a pound lighter. The casting on the impellers of the stoptechs appear more refined.....the hex bolts which drive into the pins on the stoptechs are aluminum while on the Eurotechs either steel or like component. The eurotechs have staggered torque settings on the pin drive bolts (some on them you can shake with your hand) purpose being to allow for expansion under extreme heat. Pin bolts on the stoptechs have a uniform torque setting of 72inch pound per bolt. If over torqued they easily break off (JonB got me a few sets quickly). The rotors on the stoptech hats are made in Italy (indicated on the casting ridge) and according to Neil the Eurotechs made in U.S.A. The Eurotechs are the best of the two for show...in fact I have them on the ACR now....

There is word on these forums that the Eurotechs come with different vendor names, Neil is probably the best source to clarify that.....

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Are the Stoptech rotors free floating?

The Eurotecks are made by Giro disc. I have them on my Viper, and my Evo X

You must be registered for see images attach

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When you guys swap out to these rotors. Make sure that the outer brake pad wear indicator sensor is taken out. SOMETIMES they will gouge the hat on the rotor..

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you guys swap out to these rotors. Make sure that the outer brake pad wear indicator sensor is taken out. SOMETIMES they will gouge the hat on the rotor..

- Stoptechs are not free floating....at least on ACR OEM

- ACRs apparently come with the pad wear indicator eliminated to avoid tapping the hat pins on the stoptechs.....no issues on the ACR but correct you need to cut them at base line on the conventional models.....

Reaction score
As Jon B. stated the hat of the Eurotek is lighter and the disc is heavier. This is a GOOD thing though because it does take "mass" to dissipate heat, meaning the lighter the iron rotor the "less" heat it can take before failure. That being said the difference in weight between the two is negligible IMO.

SR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just replaced my stock '08 rotors with Girodisc (i.e. eurotech). I have the slotted/drilled type with black hat. They really look great with my 6 spoke '09 wheels and they stand out.

Stock front rotors: wt 27 lb, Girodisc front rotors 17 lbs.

Stock rear rotors: wt 25 lbs, Girodisc rear rotors: 17 lbs.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced my stock '08 rotors with Girodisc (i.e. eurotech). I have the slotted/drilled type with black hat. They really look great with my 6 spoke '09 wheels and they stand out.

Stock front rotors: wt 27 lb, Girodisc front rotors 17 lbs.

Stock rear rotors: wt 25 lbs, Girodisc rear rotors: 17 lbs.

I just went to their site; neil or JONB can get them much cheaper......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc