Even the ACR is not so pretty with the 2010 stripe

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the ACR is not so pretty with the 2010 stripe...I am so very sad. :(
I know another thread on the stripes...is like :bdh: but I just don't think the Viper should go out like this....:ciao:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2010 Viper ACR.jpg
    2010 Viper ACR.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 961
  • 2010 Viper ACR 2.jpg
    2010 Viper ACR 2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 873

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To each their own imo. I, personally hate the 08/09 stripes with a passion, only way I would buy an ACR is if it had the center band. However, I think that the '10 stripes look great! That b/w acr looks amazing, and I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Not that my opinion matters much, as I won't be able to afford a 2010 for oh say, another 20 years or so.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We ALL have personal preferences and opinions on these issues...I'm just THANKFUL that Dodge has given us so many great cars through the years...and EVEN MORE THANKFUL for ALL of the color combinations offered this year!!!

As to MY preference...it's simple...cars with stripes ARE FASTER...that's a point proven historically by the evolution of "rally stripes" and "racing stripe" on sports cars!!! :)

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people like it, some don't. I guess my only gripe would be that people couldn't see what the stripes were going to look like when they ordered the car. I personally would have been a bit disappointed if I had ordered a B/W ACR (if I knew they were going to be available, I probably would have ordered one...) and then it got delivered with these stripes. It was scary enough ordering my last two Vipers sight unseen - but at least I could pour over pictures and artist renditions and have a decent idea of what I was getting. In both cases, I was expecting to be a little disappointed, but in both cases I was overjoyed at what I got. Had I ordered a B/W ACR for '10, I would have expected it to have stripes similar to my '97 GTS - and while I'm sure I'd love the car just like I'd love a child that was born with six fingers, it would take a little while to get used to...

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the 10's better then the previous ones, they were to narrow for the car. Kind of wish they had eliminated the nostril vent so that there could be more stripe variations.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sort of like the tapered front stripe looks aggressive. But it's TOO flared out on the back.
I would have liked to see the stripe continue the same width as it is at the windshieds straight back, not flaring even more.

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I originally didn't like it, but it is growing on me. I'd venture to say that when I see one in person, it may look better. Think novelty factor, eh?

I'll consider one if the dealerships don't inflate the price of the car due to the last year model, etc.

Either way, I'll be happy w/an '09 or a '10. Let the shopping begin...

Cheers,

BB

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks a ton better on the blue black but still very wide in the rear. Tone is down some Dodge.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a bad desighn. But at the end of the day people are gonna go home and say they saw a viper..Not..OMG the stripes on the dodge today were horrible

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than the single driver's stripe on the ACR, which seems to have a function, dual stripes have always seemed a bit pretentious to me. But, it clearly is a personal choice issue.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a Viper ACR. The stripes are just icing on the cake. I have no idea why you are "sad". What's to cry about?

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they started with a good idea in the front but the taper is still too wide..As for the roof and rear well that had to be the work of one Mr.Magoo.:omg:

mjorgensenRe: Even the ACR is not so pretty with the 2010 stripe
I like this a lot especially on the ACR! Looks way **** NOT ricey.

You better say that,your boss is online..:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To each his/her own....the blue/black combo is gorgeous, the b/w...uhm...not a big fan, but nonetheless it is a viper and a beautiful car either way.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the rear will look better once the tag is on the car. That will help with how wide it looks without the tag.

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd rock one. I agree that a plate in there to break up all that white is going to help. I definitely like the taper in the front and am so glad they got away from that one offset red stripe going down the driver side.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the ACR is not so pretty with the 2010 stripe...I am so very sad. :(
I know another thread on the stripes...is like :bdh: but I just don't think the Viper should go out like this....:ciao:

attachment.php

attachment.php

OK so the width of each of the stripes on my 09 are almost 6" wide. This morning, I measured the width of the stripes on a 02 GTS and they were about 8" wide. So how wide are the stripes on the 2010's at the widest point. It looks like from the front (closest to the windshield) of the hood over the roof and down the back is the same width which looks to be somewhere north of 10". Anybody know?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4