Ever have one of those moments where you could die happy? Long.....

Reaction score
Hey,

The subject says it all. I could die a happy man. Today I was in Ozark Mo, crusing around and what did I see? A 1997 Viper, Blue and White. Having some time on my hands. Well not really I just made time. I stopped in to check it out. After talking to the owner of the car lot. He asked one of his guys to take me for a ride. Let me set the picture of the car, pristine condition and not stock. It was putting down around 740rwhp. It had a compleatly new exhast system. High flow cats, intake, new heads, He did not know of the company that did the engine upgrade. But he said it dynoed around 740rwhp. We get in and he fires it up.....A sound and rumble that was coming from heaven it self. A V10 never sounded and felt so good. We get out on the road and before I know it, we are over 130mph, I swear it did not take any longer than 11 seconds to reach 130mph. We get out on the highway and as the revs climb my heart rate goes sky high. As I soon looked over and saw 150mph on the speedo the car felt like it was going 50mph. I don't know why people complain about the ride in the Viper I found it to be firm and well....comfortable. I still can't get over how beautiful that V10 could deliver the power the sound ohhhh the rush.... Now for the dislikes about the car, Actully in stock form the car would be perfect. But it had a MONSTER tach on it, Were talking the diamiter of the tach was at least 6-8inches, And it had a aluminum wing on the back that I swear could lift a 747. All in all, I had the time of my life, and soon to hope to buy a Viper with a product that my company just released as of yesterday. So hopefully a Viper is in the very near future. One of you guys on the board said it best. If this is religion I just found God.

Cheers
Ben

S

SUN RA KAT

Nice story, Ben. When you do get your Viper, just take your time learning how to deal with all that power and you'll be happy and not dead. The stock Viper is powerfull enough for most folks. There are a few of us who feel more power makes it a much better car.

BTW - I'm one of them.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a blast! That kind of power is way past what most people will ever experience in their lifetime

What a cool thing to do by the owner - thanks for sharing with us

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the replys. After re-reading my post I still don't think I can put it into words how I felt. I just hope one day I will be able to repay the favor to somebody else. SUN RA KAT, In your sig it says you now have more than 580rwhp. What did you do to upgrade? Smaller pulley?

Cheers to all
Ben

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
yes....that is the car. It is a very nice car. Minus the ricer upgrades (no offense to anyone on here with a decent wing) But the wing on that car in person is fairly big. As I remember that car was eBay. Nothing about the pics on eBay were photoshoped. The wing is fastend down by 8 screws piercing the trunk lid. And yes it did hurt to see that. I called back a few minutes ago after seeing it was on eBay. He said it is still for sale around 49K.

Cheers
Ben

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever have one of those moments where you could die happy?

Ever have one of those moments where you could die happy?

To answer your question - I pose another

You must be registered for see images

Of course it all started at that first moment when we asked ourselves....

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96