Ever Seen A Grown Man Cry?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Day that only comes to you in your worse nightmare. She got away from me:-(
Moroso, last Sunday, coming around turn 10 on a warm up lap. Conditions: Tires on their last event, Fresh oil on the corner and the start of a light rain. Out come..............

4030DSC02395-med.JPG

4030DSC02398-med.JPG

4030DSC02406-med.JPG

What Now?

I’m going to give it a try to sell as is. The hit was not as bad as it looks and I know “All the Kings horses, and all the kings men could put it back together again”, but I’m thinking rather than deal with having it fixed myself, I’ll just sell it as is and take the insurance money and buy an SRT/10. Any serious bidders, just PM me. I’m working on the list of Mods now. Around $25k and I’ve never touched the motor.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch!, at least you were not injured.

Can you tell if the frame was bent? Glancing at the pictures, it appears to be mainly core support, bumper, radiator (most likely), fascia, hood and inner fender wells.

Hope all works out well for you.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh [******] dude sorry. Trust me. Been there done that. Did you have track insurance? Or was it a drivers ed class ?

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sincere sympathies. Please keep us advised on the insurance outcome. I've backed off tracking the Viper much after watching a few Vettes get bent at the SRT4 Nationals a year or so ago where we Vipers were invited to run..the Vettes were all full race cars. I knew if I totaled my street Viper I'd likely be on my own. My best wishes that this comes out OK for you.

Paul :usa:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man Andrew, looks bad, but you could make it a dedicated race car if the insurance lets you buy it back. Just a thought.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUCH. Been there done that too. The rain always claims a victim. Looks completely fixable, but I can understand going for a new SRT/10.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told my insurer "driving clinic accident” and that’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
They’ve been real cool so far. They come out and gave me an estimate no questions asked, wrote it up and said to have the body shop and mechanic call them with anything else they find that needs replacing. The guy was real cool, the look on his face was like it was his car, he felt so bad for me (or for the car I should say).

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a fake Shelby right?

Sorry about your loss. That *****!

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ouch! Sorry for the loss. Glad things are going so smooth with the insurance company though-that's pretty unusual.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't believe how many vipers have been trashed since New Years. I'm really sorry bro, must be a feeling that is undescribable to most.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, i'm sooooo sorry man. I remember reading a while ago you saying if anything happened to your car you'd be in a SRT shortly thereafter. Good luck finding the SRT you want!

Anyone interested, here a list of Modifications: Not interested in parting out. I’ll either sell as-is to good home, or have it fixed myself. 2000 GTS steel grey 38K miles with 134.5 coats of wax.

ACR 5 point harnesses
1’’ adjustable seat lowering kit
Alloy smooth tubes w/ K&N filters
Cone brake ducts
Porsche air deflectors
Power steering overflow tube

Bobby Archer of Viper Speed,
Baer 6 piston caliper with 14’’ slotted rotors up front
Stock front calipers and slotted rotors in back with proportioning valve.
Quaife differential
GKN half shafts
B&M Short throw shifter

Tom Session @ D&E Dodge,
Replaced stock Shocks and springs
Ball joint heat shields
Oil pan baffle
Max care extended warranty to 75K miles

Larry Macedo at Macedo Motorsports,
High flow cats

And I’m sure there’s plenty I’ve left out.......

sold separately:
2nd set of 18’’ oem 5 spoke wheels like new and two sets of tires. Michelin Pilots.
Speed Lingerie steel grey bra.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry Andrew,

That's why I don't track the Viper after totalling the wifes BoxterS at Road Atlanta.

ALWAYS sign in as a STUDENT.....not a "driver"

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oil...Rain... not the best conditions!

Sorry to hear that she got away!

I am leaving mine in the garage forever now...

ab... now you.

I can't take this anymore!

Post pics of the SRT when she arrives!

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in good hands with......................State Farm

ALWAYS sign in as a STUDENT.....not a "driver"
?
Good idea!

Not to worry though, I got back in the saddle last weekend with some professional instructors :) It was a blast, and ALMOST made me forget about the lesson got the week before:-(

4030DSC02415-med.JPG

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let ir rain, This is on old MXX3's the worst rain tire michelin has produced. I kept the corner workers out there in a pouring rain at Carolina Motorsports park for a 1/2 hour. Was the only person on the track that session. The corner workers and other event entrants huddled under the pavillian thinking for sure I would ball it up in a matter of moments. Who needs active handling and traction control!!!
3039raincmp-med.jpg

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told my insurer "driving clinic accident” and that’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
They’ve been real cool so far. They come out and gave me an estimate no questions asked, wrote it up and said to have the body shop and mechanic call them with anything else they find that needs replacing. The guy was real cool, the look on his face was like it was his car, he felt so bad for me (or for the car I should say).

Sounds good so far, please keep us updated.

As far as the car, I am very sorry to hear about this. Good luck with the situation!

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You everyone for your thoughts and concerns, they are greatly appreciated. I am fine and wasn’t even slightly hurt, at least not physically. But I couldn’t even talk about it for about a week, and I haven’t told many friends and family members still. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I enjoyed this car. As you can tell from the pictures, I never even let this car get dirty, but I did enjoy it’s full potential on and off the track. Still not 100% percent sure whether I’ll fix it or get an SRT/10. I’m just taking it day by day. Thanks again and I’ll keep you all posted. Pun intended.

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank You everyone for your thoughts and concerns, they are greatly appreciated. I am fine and wasn’t even slightly hurt, at least not physically. But I couldn’t even talk about it for about a week, and I haven’t told many friends and family members still. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I enjoyed this car. As you can tell from the pictures, I never even let this car get dirty, but I did enjoy it’s full potential on and off the track. Still not 100% percent sure whether I’ll fix it or get an SRT/10. I’m just taking it day by day. Thanks again and I’ll keep you all posted. Pun intended.

Gotta get the Coupe :2tu:

Bat™