Every car in town has beaten my Viper!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one who nomatter where I go, when a group of people (or just 1 or 2 people) walk up to look at the car, they know someone who has beaten me? Friday night I was with a friend at a Sonic eating and this guy walks up to tell me a guy with an Acura Integra tells everyone that he passed me at 170mph (I was supposedly going 163mph) one night on Interstate .

Before he can even get done with his story, some girl comes up and says a friend of hers beat me in his TRUCK :dunno: :D I think they both knew that the stories was BS, but just wanted to ask me to be sure. I just laughed and tried to explain that when I'm going 70mph on Interstate and someone passes me at 75mph, that really doesnt count as "beating a Viper" :D

I actually did "race" the Integra one night. Some ricers in front of us were racing and me and my friend were bored so we decided to join in on the fun. After we went by all of them just to show off :)D ), I coasted and slowed down for probably close to a 1/4 mile and thats when the Integra passed us :D . We got off at the same exit and parked at Sonic (a big car hangout on the weekends). He asked me "did you have any pedal left when you passed me?" I told him "Pedal? I was only in 4th, I had gears left!" :lmao: But now, his story he tells people is a little bit different :lmao:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad,

That is truly hilarious!! You should ask if he got video of it because you don't remember it that way. As for the "truck" that beat you, I think that's a you tube video and they're confusing a story re-told by a hundred different teenagers with reality.

What you should have done is asked the girl to go for a ride in your Viper, accelerated hard just once and ask her if the "truck" could do that and tell her that you can do that in all six gears and that your car will only do 190 mph. You can also tell her that the car goes faster with her wearing less clothes (if she's hot) and see if she's got an IQ over 70.

Regards,
Aaron

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heck, I was going to challenge you on my bicycle when I pedaled across GA the other month but you never showed up. :lmao:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait 'till you hear the story about how you went around asking people to race for money and then after losing you took off without paying.

That tale has been told about everyone that has ever had a sports car, in every high school in the country for 70 years. I'm 46 years old and I even heard it said about me a couple years ago.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, I was going to challenge you on my bicycle when I pedaled across GA the other month but you never showed up. :lmao:

And with a busted up oil cooler line like I had, you would've beat me too :D

All the billboards in Dallas have it. You're famous here. Loser.

Sweet! International fame never felt so good.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you just hate that? When you let off and they pass you they think they won. Used to get that all the time as I hardly ever went over the speed limit much. I do a quick shoto to 80 so they would leave me alone and then they pass you at 90+ and think they won. I just laugh!!

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have to worry about rumors as most people in my area have never seen my car. I think I drove my Viper a total of 4 times this summer.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you just hate that? When you let off and they pass you they think they won. Used to get that all the time as I hardly ever went over the speed limit much. I do a quick shoto to 80 so they would leave me alone and then they pass you at 90+ and think they won. I just laugh!!

Same here, Keith!!~!! :D We '''''let''''' them pass us, as we also go just above the speed limit...Mike can't afford to have his CDL taken away~~~we also laugh as well!! :rolaugh: :eater:
~juli~

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chad: That is a fantastic comeback; I always reply with, "Are you sure that was my car parked in front of the Adult store? It's easy to get it confused with a Corvette or something else." Unfortunately, that usually doesn't work................the yellow rims usually do us in........

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one who nomatter where I go, when a group of people (or just 1 or 2 people) walk up to look at the car, they know someone who has beaten me? Friday night I was with a friend at a Sonic eating and this guy walks up to tell me a guy with an Acura Integra tells everyone that he passed me at 170mph (I was supposedly going 163mph) one night on Interstate .

Before he can even get done with his story, some girl comes up and says a friend of hers beat me in his TRUCK :dunno: :D I think they both knew that the stories was BS, but just wanted to ask me to be sure. I just laughed and tried to explain that when I'm going 70mph on Interstate and someone passes me at 75mph, that really doesnt count as "beating a Viper" :D

I actually did "race" the Integra one night. Some ricers in front of us were racing and me and my friend were bored so we decided to join in on the fun. After we went by all of them just to show off :)D ), I coasted and slowed down for probably close to a 1/4 mile and thats when the Integra passed us :D . We got off at the same exit and parked at Sonic (a big car hangout on the weekends). He asked me "did you have any pedal left when you passed me?" I told him "Pedal? I was only in 4th, I had gears left!" :lmao: But now, his story he tells people is a little bit different :lmao:

Well, 4th really is the last useful racing gear, so you are kinda exaggerating. But LOL at the integra owner anyway.

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's why I tap my brakes when I let off the gas. Kind of a signal that I have had enough of giving them a beat down.