Every time Viper goes to City Cops stop me

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been pulled for 1 mph over the speed limit years ago in a black Corvette... then got a ticket for no front plate (in OH).

********!

I got pulled over doing 101kmph in a 100. I had a digital readout and it said precisely 101. But of course I passed a cruiser doing 100kmph in the right lane. ( it was a very slow pass). I was young and driving a Corvette. He pulled me over chewed me out and told me to sit up straight and put my ballcap on correctly - no ticket though - lol. Talk about an old school spanking.:rolaugh:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
When ever I drive my SRT I expect the police to stop me before any other cars, as it would give them some bragging rights at the coffee shop. Caught a Viper today sounds a lot better than I gave a ticket to a Kia.
So far they have left me alone (touch wood) .

Hey now, hands off your snake! :smirk:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some cops are so human and real, but most r childhood trauma kids wanting to beat up your world. just think they r-small minded little bitter folks wanting to make your life misery like thiers:mad:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:idea: Twister, Have you heard the old saying, "If you can't beat them, might as well join them"? :omg: :omg: You may consider becoming a Reserve Deputy or something like that. :dunno: I know it sounds drastic, but then they may let you slide. :2tu: When I run with some Police"Friends" they can & do whatever they want. I gave up many years ago trying to fight the man, you will never win & will cost you a fortune.Of course, I'm getting old also.:crazy2: :crazy2::burnout:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been in California for only 6 months now, I've been stopped 7 times....mostly cause I have a single New Jersey plate on the car. I know that gives them probable cause to stop me, but I'm polite and honest, which most of the time gets me a sobriety check because I usually have at least one drink with dinner. I've even been given the breathalyzer twice and blew less than 0.02 both times, corraborating my 2 beers over 2 hours, with food. One officer told me I need to get my eyes checked because he says that one moves different than the other.....I didn't know officers went to optometrist training, but I thanked him for the advice. With that officer I asked for a diploma for passing his sobriety test explaining that my employers don't even send me for training anymore, so I must be gettting old (they usually laugh) and that any test I pass I'd like to get a diploma for.

Two of the officers threatened to give me a ticket for not having a front plate and my answer was the usual....okay if you owned this car, would you drill holes into the front fascia and make it look ugly?

Eventually each of the 7 officers get around to asking about my car, and I explain its my divorce trophy for paying off my divorce and that usually gets a laugh as well. One Hillsborough officer told me he drives past my house twice a night to ensure that my car is still in its usual spot....I think that's cool!

I know its a pain to get stopped, but I look at it as a chance to talk about my car and why I bought it, most officers are pretty cool once you prove that you're playing by the rules and are honest. Yes, there are a few out there to change the world by "Sticking it to you", but so far in my life, there's only been two of those.

Regards,
Aaron

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
35 is national speed limit in a construction zone and can cost you dearly in fines.
Tweester, he just knows who you are and has probably seen some of your documentaries. Either that or he hates mall cops. :D

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I got my first ticket in 3 years shortly after I bought the Viper. I was on the highway going 81 mph in a 75 mph zone with a pickup truck in the lane next to me (both of us going the same speed). I noticed a trooper hiding in the bushes and sure enough he pulls out and comes right after me. I really can't complain because I'd rather have a Viper and have to deal with extra attention from cops than to not have a Viper at all.

Last edited:

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally.

I saw him BEHIND me, I kept it AT 60, he pulls up right NEXT to me, cruised by me for a bit and the SECOND my nose passed the front of his car he put his lights on. He even admitted he clocked me at 61:lmao:

Maybe he wanted your phone number:dunno::dunno:

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know here in Ontario the Regional police and the Provincial police stay well away from each other. There is some type of rivalry or resentment going on. Regional police try to stay off the Provincial highways to avoid the O.P.P.

Its a jurisdiction issue is all. OPP have it on all of the Queens Highways, and your municiple agency doesnt.

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really boils down to one word.....deep down in the darkest part of their minds comes the word jealous. I believe a lot of the issues like this are due to these people being just plain jealous. This would never, ever be admitted but I believe this reigns true from the judge right through to the police. These guys are not impartial, they have a part of them that really wishes that they could have had the experience of owning such an incredible car. As for the police they really like to pick on viper owners because they really like the chase and what better way than to bother us owners as this is a "big prize" in their minds. This combined with the have nothing better to do notion would be another reason.

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just think about it if you were a cop and you could pull over a car that may have drugs or something so you could seize the car.
Would you want to seize a rusty 83 Buick or a Viper? One of county Sheriffs in Southern Indiana has a Viper they drive, that they seized.
If they would have pulled over a 83 Buick they would have to drive it around. Plus I bet there is less chance of pulling over a gun wielding maniac driving a Viper. Face it no crack head could keep a Viper on the road.

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm a retired Police Chief. During my career I had set some records for highest number of tickets in a day, week and month. But, I sat at 90 degrees to the road almost to the white line in a marked car with the radar gun in my hand stretched out the window on a sunny day.

What I was looking for was what I called "volunteers". The speed limit was 35 in one area and I could write up to 24 tickets in a 8 hour shift.

I did not need to look for any particular type car. The motoring world is full of idiots.

I understand the displeasure of being stopped. I despise it more myself. So, my Viper has the front plate on the factory mount screwed into the grill cross member. That alone makes my 06 convertible a very rare one.:rolaugh:

Also, on state and interstate roads I drive 5 under the limit. I'm thinking of getting plates that say 5 UNDR.

A fair number of drivers really floor their car when they pass. I just put along and enjoy the ride.

Never been stopped in my Viper or Corvettes. Life is good.:)

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run Lidar a few times a week as well. I dont care what kinda car it is, If they arent atleaste 15 mph over then Im not pulling them over. Lately more like atleaste 17 over as Id rather spend my time looking for OVUII's. These Drunk drivers damage property and kill people.

As far as my citation. Yes Im ********** about the ticket. No doubt about it. But Im more ********** that it seems my viper always gets singled out.

How can the car that Ive put 1500 miles on in the past year be the one that has been pulled over 5 times. While I daily drive my van and ram for several thousand miles a year and I NEVER get pulled over in the city or anywhere for that matter.

Again I completely understand why tickets are written. I just cant stand the Viper discrimination anymore. As I stated I got pulled over twice in the same day a year ago in the city and the second cop had the ******** fortitude to simply ask me how I could afford the car and let me go.

You guys who drive your snakes and simply get to enjoy them rather in the city or towns are very lucky. Im terrified to drive mine in the city

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960