exhaust question?

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 09 vert with corsa track exhaust and the sound is to low pitch for me. I want to have a more high scream to it like an indy car for lack of a better comparison. Can this be accomplished?

Reaction score
With headers and FH cats it screams, no cats screams, but is way loud and smells bad. Either way you will need the Mopar PCM to do it right when you choose.

Hi Scott :D

Viper0062

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Scott, How does the Mopar PCM effect exhaust? I have Belanger system and cold air intake on my Gen. IV. I have been looking at adding the Mopar PCM? Thanks for the input.

Reaction score
The PCM will take away the back fireing, but will add power and eliminate CEL issues that most cars get when driven lightly.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 09 vert with corsa track exhaust and the sound is to low pitch for me. I want to have a more high scream to it like an indy car for lack of a better comparison. Can this be accomplished?

If you want her to scream like an indy motor your gonna have to rev her to 9,000rpms. Plus our motor is Twice the displacement of a cart. Your goal is unachievable.

... unless you make your exhaust quiet then add a supercharger and listen to her wine;)

Did your exhaust note get deeper when you switched to the Corsa?

Reaction score
It's too bad we can't find a way to make the exhaust both exit the same side so the sound is like the old GTS, that would be cool!

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the OP has read all the replies and the answer is this is totally the wrong engine for an Indy car-like sound. This odd-firing V-10 with its big two-valve cylinders and 6250 rpm redline is not a screamer. However, a Viper V-10 with the Corsa exhaust does sound pretty darn nice above 3500 rpm or so. Try not to smile while running up the rev range beneath a concrete overpass! Sounds like a full-field NASCAR re-start to my ears. :) One advantage to the lower geared rear-end mod (I've got 3.73:1) is that you spend more time in the magic zone (rather than loping along at 2k rpm most of the time).

This has got to be one of the most difficult cars to run a crossover pipe on (as evidenced by the complex yet undesirable attempt on Gen 3). I had once envisioned a flattened rectangular crossover tube from just behind a pair of hi-flow cats, but there's just so little room anywhere under the car around the transmission, and you'e also got to worry about more heat radiation (but some of the Aerogel products look promising for heat insulation, like the 5mm thick Pyrogel XT blanket over a thin layer of Inconel heat shielding). Would be interesting to hear this car with a proper H-pipe and the Corsa track exhaust.