Exhuast Cross over

FASTFUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does SRT use a cross over in the Exhuast on my Viper. Removing it and going with the Corsa system reduces the heat problum and gives more power. Is there any negative to the Corsa 2.5 inch system?:dunno:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did just that but with 3"RT Cats as well as 3" Corsa Track its much cooler but louder. My wife doesn't like the increase in noise but I do sounds like a real viper. They are for sale now.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the 2.5" with stock cats, track exhaust (no crossover). Keep in mind the 2.5 vs 3 inch only refers to the coupling at the front of the Corsa exhaust - both the 2.5 and 3 inch systems are all 3 inches in diameter, just that the 2.5 system has a 2.5 inch coupling to mount up to the stock 2.5 inch cat coupling.

Crossover is quieter, which is nearly always an issue on a perf car, they have strict quiet regs they need to hit, also probably some torque impact at lower range, but sound is the main thing IMHO.

Main diff in stock vs aftermarket cats is in sound; stock cat with Corsa sounds louder, my wife thinks it's fine, and is much much cooler. 3 inch aftermarket cats, maybe another 5hp, much more sound, some say too loud, some say perfect, and should be even a bit cooler still. If we had rear exit exhaust I'd do the aftermarket cats, but with the tips like 30 inches from my ear I didn't want it too loud.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
"Why does SRT use a cross over in the Exhuast on my Viper?"

To make the car quieter, enabling them to pass the "drive by" noise regs.

"Removing it and going with the Corsa system reduces the heat problum and gives more power."

Yes, the Corsa Track is a nice system. A bit lounder and makes a bit more power than stock. Also cooler.

"Is there any negative to the Corsa 2.5 inch system?"

Yes, it is louder, but not too lound IMHO.

Dan:usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang