Experienced Skip Barber's Three-day Racing School (pics)

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Experienced Skip Barber\'s Three-day Racing School (pics)

It was unbelievable fun with lots and lots of track time. And I learned a lot from all the excellent feedback (plus getting to drive a session in the rain)! It was top notch in every respect. Oh, and our class was lucky as well in two respects. First, because the Skip Barber folks had just wrapped up their Advanced Two-day Racing School (for which I'm signing up) at the same location, we took the three-day course in the cars usually reserved for the advanced class (i.e., the RT 2000). Second, because there had been a last-minute track rental cancellation at VIR-North, we took the class on VIR's north course (as opposed to the smaller south course as initially planned). :2tu:

7177DSCN0818-med.JPG

7177DSCN0816-med.JPG

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Experienced Skip Barber\'s Three-day Racing School (pics)

It's a blast!!!!! When I did it, there was a light rain on the track ... there were more than a few times when I almost downloaded some 'brownware'

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I’m planning on their 3 day at Sebring in 06. February or March I hope.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought that big opening on the side was an air intake. Was the north course grass or asphalt? :) :)

OP
OP
V

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought that big opening on the side was an air intake. Was the north course grass or asphalt? :) :)
HA! Actually, the first exercise to get everyone comfortable with spinning out was to intentionally cause snap throttle over steer (i.e., jumping off the gas while cornering). In other words, yes, the North course was indeed BOTH asphalt AND grass by design. What a riot. Of course I did note that the 1100 pound RT-2000 doens't go near as far when it spins out at speed as does my 3400 pound Viper. :D

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Does look a bit like a rotary lawnmower intake in the photo.