caught up in the excitement of the delivery I did not read over
carefully the contract. The warranty consists of 50,000miles/7 years
with a $100 deductible(I assume a one time deductible) for $1,975.00
plus tax. Did I just get the equivalence of a ****** exam or was I treated
fair.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm...you've probably got a few day 'look-over' period in which you can examine that $2,000 extended warranty. Read ALL the fine print and either accept the terms AND limitations or deny the coverage by returning the contract for refund. Just think about the added cost to you if you were to buy an extended warranty contract on all major purchases that you make. Enough on that, good luck.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep in mind that since you have a 3/36 "bumber-to-bumper" warranty, you are paying for the extra 4 years/14,000 miles only.
Also if the viper still has a 7/70 drivetrain limited warranty,the engine, as mentionned by Steve,will be covered under it.

I'm with SnakeEye on this one,Especially for Viper since they are not driven a lot yearly.
My guess will be about 5000 miles/year or less in average and that will be only 35,000 miles or less in 7 years.
That's nothing for the Viper mechanicals.

Get a refund,you can always buy an extended warranty just before your 3/36 expire and have those $2K make some money in the mean time

Good luck and welcome to the Viper Nation.

Luc.00GTS

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just note that the 2005's do NOT have a factory 7/70 powertrain warranty. They discontinued that for ALL SRT products for this year. The same 3/36 bumper-to-bumper warranty applies to the powertrain. Also realize that a transferable warranty will help your resale down the road.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
You have thirty days to cancel a Service Contract for a full refund. You said you have a 50,000m/7yr $100ded what? Powertrain, Added Care or Max Care
If you would like to know the truth behide SC's, give me a call.
How did you like the exam? :eek:

Welcome to the "NEW" NY/CT Club! :2tu: