Exterior upgrades rt/10

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering what are some good exterior upgrades to do the viper (besides rims). I have a yellow 01 rt10 and was looking to maybe upgrade the appearance (dont tell me to paint it red either). I need some ideas!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Contrasting badges looks good. HIDs and LEDs also do wonders. You can do clear corners or tint the lenses too.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK then. Put on big rig Dodge stickers, splitters and diffusers, and stripe matching hood vents. And a windshield banner. And big chrome wheels and big ass brakes. Then it will look faster, meaner, and you'll have a better sex life.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think there's a pic somewhere of a yellow w/ white hood vents

also look at pics daves car he has everything (+ more) he mentioned and imo looks good.....but rumor has it the last thing for him is imaginary

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, How did you do the side exhaust?

Well, the short smartass answer is, took off the old parts and put on the new parts!

A slightly more useful answer is, I bought side outlet sills made by Autoform, and a Belanger side exhaust "kit" to relocate the pipes etc.

Took a lot of work, a lot of fabbing to get the pipes just right and purdy, but it is not rocket science.

Are you a welder-fabber kinda guy?

OP
OP
O

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, the short smartass answer is, took off the old parts and put on the new parts!

A slightly more useful answer is, I bought side outlet sills made by Autoform, and a Belanger side exhaust "kit" to relocate the pipes etc.

Took a lot of work, a lot of fabbing to get the pipes just right and purdy, but it is not rocket science.

Are you a welder-fabber kinda guy?

Eh not so much, I can do a lot of things on my own, but usually not welding or fab'ing stuff. I have some friends though that are pretty good though. I think I might look into it. I think they way you have it looks awesome.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Install the Mopar-like rear spoiler. It adds the much needed "junk in the trunk": GG

Baby got no back:
3964Lucky_rear.jpg

Baby Got Back! :headbang:
3964Polished_3.jpg

Also consider adding black stripes. :omg:

PartsRack.com

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

My 94 Viper

Man, I can honestly say I've only liked stripes on one other RT, and that was RedEnuf's. I really, really like the look of that on yours with the black wheels. ****!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would never tell you to paint it red!

However, I think painting the hood vents red would do woooonders for the look of your car. Then, you could put a red windshield banner across the top of your windshield and to really finish off the car, add a rear wing AND PAINT IT RED.

Not only have you added some good looking upgrades, BUT YOU'VE MADE YOUR CAR FASTER!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, there are a few nice 1) front bumper upgrades if you want to go the route of changing body parts (I'll see if I can find pics). Also, I agree with the 2) side exhaust...only if you want to deal with the increase in noise. I like the 3) clear side market lenses and possibly 4) black out the rear tail lights. For an RT, I really like the 5) factory rear wing (Chuck has one on his)...Snakeoyl Products sells one that I think uses the old factory molds. 6) Lowering gives the car a really slick look....

That's it for now.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPGRADE?

To the very unique look/design of an RT/10.

Not possible at all!

Rims is a different thing - I like the stock wheels on the 2001/2002.

Wing? Ugly!

Stripes? There is no roof. Looks goofy.

The RT/10 is a piece of art - you can make it worse, yes.
Example? Here:
You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, but I've always thought that long 'trunk' surface did not look good on the RT/10. IMHO it was crying out for a wing! But, more to the point, the wing makes it drive better. At the end of the day I'm far more into how the car goes than looks; the former is objective, the latter subjective (i.e., beauty is in the eye of the beholder)!

P.S. That car above is not even a Viper!!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope not insulting anybody, but those wheels do not go with the RT...espeically the rear wheels. Not diggin' the color either, just my personal opinion.

White stripes, generally okay on certain colors, think that would have been better with black or none. Can't really see the wing, but it looks to be too far up on the truck....maybe just the angle.

I actually think that the RT looks great with the aftermarket hardtop that has the GT scoop...one of the upgrades I am looking at, but way down the line.:2tu:

Peter

OP
OP
O

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would never tell you to paint it red!

However, I think painting the hood vents red would do woooonders for the look of your car. Then, you could put a red windshield banner across the top of your windshield and to really finish off the car, add a rear wing AND PAINT IT RED.

Not only have you added some good looking upgrades, BUT YOU'VE MADE YOUR CAR FASTER!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, there are a few nice 1) front bumper upgrades if you want to go the route of changing body parts (I'll see if I can find pics). Also, I agree with the 2) side exhaust...only if you want to deal with the increase in noise. I like the 3) clear side market lenses and possibly 4) black out the rear tail lights. For an RT, I really like the 5) factory rear wing (Chuck has one on his)...Snakeoyl Products sells one that I think uses the old factory molds. 6) Lowering gives the car a really slick look....

That's it for now.

I think Im definately going to go with a rear wing (factory). i think the rear of the rt is a little plain and has too much surface area. Blacking on the rear tailights is an idea, I wonder how it would look.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Im definately going to go with a rear wing (factory). i think the rear of the rt is a little plain and has too much surface area. Blacking on the rear tailights is an idea, I wonder how it would look.

Go to Jon B for the wing. Snake oyl's prices... too high!!! :D

Also, take a look at the trunk top made by A&P Engineering. It really gives the car a different look.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Next thing this guy will want to do is paint gold teeth on Mona Lisa.

Then again, his car is yellow...

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't help but say that some of the mods mentioned will make your car look different but not better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth