External Computer Engine Management System

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a Roe S/C 2001 Viper GTS. It is a heads and cam car as well.

I am wondering if anyone makes an external engine management system other than the Roe VEC. Is there anything else out there that can be monitored by software/laptop?

Thanks for any ideas.

viprvenm

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a Roe S/C 2001 Viper GTS. It is a heads and cam car as well.

I am wondering if anyone makes an external engine management system other than the Roe VEC. Is there anything else out there that can be monitored by software/laptop?

Thanks for any ideas.

viprvenm

The AEM does as described. I have a vec2 and AEM. My vec has been on the car for the last eight months. Has your vec been updated or is it a vec3 already ? With the vec3 you can monitor and log a lot of things.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I'm getting to assist with tuning my 01 ROE Creampuff with my VEC-II/III.
http://www.palmerperformance.com/products/pcmscan/index.php
I really like the laptop dyno and drag strip features. Not an external engine management system per se, but a great way to monitor all the adaptives and engine management attributes and then mess with the VEC tuning to dial thing in "just right"...!!! Do you have the ROE tuning software???

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I'm getting to assist with tuning my 01 ROE Creampuff with my VEC-II/III.
http://www.palmerperformance.com/products/pcmscan/index.php
I really like the laptop dyno and drag strip features. Not an external engine management system per se, but a great way to monitor all the adaptives and engine management attributes and then mess with the VEC tuning to dial thing in "just right"...!!! Do you have the ROE tuning software???

Ellow, how does this compare against the EASE diagnostic software? I was thinking about going the EASE route but I don't believe Roe sells the software now.

- Tony

OP
OP
V

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will check these out. I sincerely appreciate the ideas.

If anyone has any others please share.

Jason

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked Sean what he uses and he said the EASE software but they no longer sell it. It is still available if you GOOGLE it. I looked at the EASE software description on-line and it would appear to pull/display the ODB-II data much like any monitoring software should. I don't think it is designed to inherently connect with some of the Wide Band sensors either. My gut feeling is that the PalmerPerformance stuff incorporates some well thoughtout displays and data capturing methodologies. I like the fact that it appears that they incorporated some algorithms for computing their virtual dyno and drag strip that I have not seen in other ODB-II software. I don't know how they can pull Innovate Wide Band data directly into their ODB-II data stream since it goes into my VEC, but I plan on doing that once I get everything installed. My question is what VEC data is accessible via the ODB-II port since most of the VEC activities happen post PCM...? I'm not smart enough yet to know all this. Fun stuff though.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viprvenm,
This mean you got your car back on the road?

You can log on a laptop with your VEC. I do it with mine including a WBO input. What are you trying to accomplish?

I have the EASE software from Roe and it lets you monitor the data stream from the OBDII, but not much else. I really only use it to set my fuel adaptives.

--- Ken

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked Sean what he uses and he said the EASE software but they no longer sell it. It is still available if you GOOGLE it. I looked at the EASE software description on-line and it would appear to pull/display the ODB-II data much like any monitoring software should. I don't think it is designed to inherently connect with some of the Wide Band sensors either. My gut feeling is that the PalmerPerformance stuff incorporates some well thoughtout displays and data capturing methodologies. I like the fact that it appears that they incorporated some algorithms for computing their virtual dyno and drag strip that I have not seen in other ODB-II software. I don't know how they can pull Innovate Wide Band data directly into their ODB-II data stream since it goes into my VEC, but I plan on doing that once I get everything installed. My question is what VEC data is accessible via the ODB-II port since most of the VEC activities happen post PCM...? I'm not smart enough yet to know all this. Fun stuff though.

Hey Ellow, any update on this? Palmer looks like a good setup. I'm interested to know what you think of it.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't got it yet. My LC-1 Wide Band and a simple boost gauge/pillar pod haven't arrived yet either. When I get that installed and wounds healed from that purchase...I'll get the ODB-II data logging stuff. I really am intersted in how that program will show me what the PCM is up to...and the dyno stuff looks fun as well. I hope I can get the LC-1 installed mid week prior to the VCA get-together next Saturday. I was poking around on the web all week and there are a lot of ODB-II data logging choices out there. The Palmer stuff still looks the best to me. But what do I know. Sucker for good marketing I suppose.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't got it yet. My LC-1 Wide Band and a simple boost gauge/pillar pod haven't arrived yet either. When I get that installed and wounds healed from that purchase...I'll get the ODB-II data logging stuff. I really am intersted in how that program will show me what the PCM is up to...and the dyno stuff looks fun as well. I hope I can get the LC-1 installed mid week prior to the VCA get-together next Saturday. I was poking around on the web all week and there are a lot of ODB-II data logging choices out there. The Palmer stuff still looks the best to me. But what do I know. Sucker for good marketing I suppose.

Well that *****. I had hoped that you had already spent all your dough to figure out the best solution. Now it looks like I'm going to have to spend some of my own. I'll keep you posted if I find anything. I putting in new Belangers next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang