Factory Oil Pan for 2000 Viper

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to replace the factory oil pan on my 2000 GTS and I am wondering if there is any place to buy one online? According to my local Dodge dealer, they are not available in the US at this time. I do not want a deeper one, but I would consider a used one if a performance shop has recently replaced one for a customer.

Thanks,

BlackVenom

Reaction score
I need to replace the factory oil pan on my 2000 GTS and I am wondering if there is any place to buy one online? According to my local Dodge dealer, they are not available in the US at this time. I do not want a deeper one, but I would consider a used one if a performance shop has recently replaced one for a customer.

Thanks,

BlackVenom

I have one but will dig it out and see what condition it is in. I will get back to you in a PM.

OP
OP
B

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark,

Thanks for the help. Please let me know if you find one because my car is sitting at the local dealer without oil and I would like to get it back home.

BV

Reaction score
BV,

Here is what I have, it ends with 42 instead of your 44 number. It has the trap doors installed for a race car also.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BV,

Here is what I have, it ends with 42 instead of your 44 number. It has the trap doors installed for a race car also.

What is the item in the top of this picture? I do not race the car, so is it something I will need to install?

Also, does the 42 vs 44 mean it will not fit my car?

BV

Reaction score
This is an earlier part number that was superseded to the 44 number. The item on top of the last picture is the windage tray for the pan.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack can ship you a new OE pan today, or a used pan next week when we take it off a motor

OP
OP
B

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JonB,

Thanks for the follow-up after our phone conversation. I have found a used one close by my house. If it does not work out, I will let you know.

BV