Fall Crab Feast, Saturday, October 22nd, 2011

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is not available to run the cruise this year, but hopes to be there. To keep the event alive, I have put together the following information. (same as last year)

Saturday - October 22nd, 2011

The Viper Club of America VA/MD/DE region presents:

"Fall Cruise for *****"

No Reservations, No Pre-Payment, No Itinerary... just "Cruise for *****!"

Meeting Place: Manor Shopping Center (aka "Four Corners"), Jacksonville, Md.
Meeting Time: 11:00am
Cruise Starts: 11:30am
Cruise Destination: *****'s Crab House, North East, Maryland (link:
http://www.woodyscrabhouse.com )
Cruise Distance: ~49 miles, 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Notes:
    1. There are two gas stations nearby to gas up, if needed before starting the cruise: A Citgo, and a BP.
    2. The cruise will take us from Jacksonville up to Hickory, MD; proceeding north and east on US Rt.1 across the Conowingo Dam; then onto Rt.222 for a scenic cruise along the Susquehanna River, through Port Deposit, MD and then into North East via Rt. 40 and Rt 7.
    3. Depending on number of cars, we can park in front (on the street), and/or in the rear parking lot. Should we need it, I am also going to try to arrange for additional parking at the PNC Bank (next door) which will be closed when we arrive.
    4. The room reserved has windows overlooking both front (street) and rear parking areas, so we can keep an eye on our cars.
    5. You can order *****, or order off the menu. The cost will be whatever you order plus 18% for gratuity. Please bring a check (payable to VCA VA/MD) or cash -- no Credit Cards!
    6. Please note: ***** may or may not be available depending on the weather that week, so be prepared to substitute if you were expecting *****.
    7. *****'s in North East, MD is less than 5 minutes from I95, which provides easy access to a major interstate for your trip home after the event.
    8. This cruise will be weather dependent, so stay tuned to your email, or the VCA VA/MD regional board for any last minute updates, or cancellation.
Directions to Meeting Place:
    1. Baltimore Beltway to Exit 27B, Dulaney Valley Road / Rt 146 North.
    2. Travel north on Dulaney Valley Road ~3.5 miles crossing Loch Raven Reservoir.
    3. At end of bridge take the left fork, staying on Rt. 146, which becomes Jarrettsville Pike.
    4. Follow Jarrettsville Pike for ~4 miles into Jacksonville.
    5. Manor Center is on the right, entrance directly across from CITGO Station.
Please RSVP to me no later than Wednesday, October 19[SUP]th[/SUP].

Also when you RSVP, let me know if you plan to eat ***** (if available), so I can let the restaurant know.

Here is a route of the cruise:

Fall Crab Feast Route

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, sorry I'm out, unfortunately I'm in Columbus, OH this weekend, very unfortunately. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala