Fall Folliage Cruise Oct 11-12th, 2008 (Overnight)

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really wanted to do this cruise but unfortunately I've been travelling too much lately. I'll have been on the road 11 of 14 nights by then so it will be time to stay home with the fam this weekend.

Kelly - the hotel res has been put in your name - you're all set.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really wanted to do this cruise but unfortunately I've been travelling too much lately. I'll have been on the road 11 of 14 nights by then so it will be time to stay home with the fam this weekend.

Kelly - the hotel res has been put in your name - you're all set.

Thanks Dan. Wish you could make it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also have an awesome evening planned for Saturday night. Surprise to follow...

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gawd I wish I could hang - Grandma flys back home Sunday (comes every summer)....my wife would shoot me if I was not there with her at the airport to send her off.

Sorry you couldn't make it.

Everyone else, see you in the morning....weather will be beautiful.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW....WHAT A CRUISE!!!!!! I can honestly say that this was some of the biggest fun I've had in my car. It was GREAT to meet new Viper owners and club members.

Got back about an hour ago. My camera battery was still dead from VOI (oops), so I didn't get any pictures, but I know some other folks did.

Great people, great roads, AMAZING scenery, and loads of opportunities to enjoy the Vipers with almost 600 miles of total drive time in 2 days.

A special thanks to Guy Eavers for his hospitality and generosity. Guy, you're a class act all the way, and your car collection is awe inspiring.

Looking forward to next year already.

Now to scrape the bugs, tar and other various debris off the front of my car!

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper_Fall_Ride_10_12_08_088.JPG

Viper_Fall_Ride_10_12_08_052.JPG

Viper_Fall_Ride_10_12_08_039.JPG

Viper_Fall_Ride_10_12_08_038.JPG

I had a great time. Here is a few pictures. Will try to add some more to my gallery later. Enjoyed meeting everyone and special thanks to Guy and Judy for the great hospitality and to John for a great route.

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it make me a dork that I looked at your photos and the first thing I thought was "man, I really blew the apex on that turn"? :D :D

Great photo! It was nice to meet you, and you have a beautiful car!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures!!! Keep us posted on the progress with your car, I'm really curious to here the outcome. Looking forward to trying to keep up with you on lots more drives. :2tu:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about the diversity of cars on this drive. We had a Gen-1, several Gen-2's, several Gen-3's and several Gen-4's. We had a supercharged car, a TT car, a car with some serious N/A mods, and some pretty stock cars. You can't ask for much better than that!

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures!!! Keep us posted on the progress with your car, I'm really curious to here the outcome. Looking forward to trying to keep up with you on lots more drives. :2tu:

The dealer is going to install another cam sensor, I believe this week. Cross your fingers for me that it works:omg:. I'm looking forward to another spirited drive with you gentlemen:drive: It took 4 hrs Monday to clean my car. I had to clay bar the whole rear of the car:crazy2:. It had black tar spots everywhere:smirk:. Did you have this problem?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer is going to install another cam sensor, I believe this week. Cross your fingers for me that it works:omg:. I'm looking forward to another spirited drive with you gentlemen:drive: It took 4 hrs Monday to clean my car. I had to clay bar the whole rear of the car:crazy2:. It had black tar spots everywhere:smirk:. Did you have this problem?

I haven't cleaned mine yet, it's sitting in the garage covered in muck, but I'm confident that like you, I'm going to have to put some serious elbow grease into getting it satisfactorily clean.

Hope the new sensor works!!!

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had cleaned my car Sunday night when it was dark. I actually looked at the car for the first time yesterday afternoon and I too have black tar spots all over the rear bumper. They are easy to get off, but a little time consuming.

You have two choices:

1. Spray some WD40 on a cloth and gently wipe.

2. (My Choice) Use tutle wax Bug and Tar Remover. It is a pretty thick liquid, just dab some on your finger and place on each tar spot. After a few seconds, rub the spot with your finger and watch is dissolve. Wipe each spot up, when the bumper is done go over with a good wax/polish spray and you are done. I haven't tackled mine yet, but I have had this happen before. I suspect the one road we drove on Sunday that had had some asphalt laid down was the culprit.

Glad everyone had a good time, this is my favorite event of the year. The Viper was built to be driven like it was on the roads we drove.

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had cleaned my car Sunday night when it was dark. I actually looked at the car for the first time yesterday afternoon and I too have black tar spots all over the rear bumper. They are easy to get off, but a little time consuming.

You have two choices:

1. Spray some WD40 on a cloth and gently wipe.

2. (My Choice) Use tutle wax Bug and Tar Remover. It is a pretty thick liquid, just dab some on your finger and place on each tar spot. After a few seconds, rub the spot with your finger and watch is dissolve. Wipe each spot up, when the bumper is done go over with a good wax/polish spray and you are done. I haven't tackled mine yet, but I have had this happen before. I suspect the one road we drove on Sunday that had had some asphalt laid down was the culprit.

Glad everyone had a good time, this is my favorite event of the year. The Viper was built to be driven like it was on the roads we drove.

I had a blast:headbang: I'll have to give that WD-40 trick a try sometime.:D