Fallen out but back now!

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) Been since 4-1-05 since I been here. I am going to try and get envolved again with the org. Been through 2 back surgeries and they slowed me down for awhile. Doing great now and trying to catch up on events. Got a '07 SRT-8 Charger Superbee to park beside the GTS last year!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Fallen member

Glad to hear you are feeling better, welcome back. What year is the GTS? How about some pics.

OP
OP
A

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2000 GTS Steelgrey, all stock, 07 Superbee Stock. Son James has a 89 Shelby Daytona that he has built a 'hybrid' engine using the Turbo II block and adapting a 2.0 head to it. Still a work in-progress, but showed it @ Auto Fair last fall. Estimated around 400-500 HP. Transmission spider gears are the weak link, till he gets some money ahead. He has about 15k miles on it now and it left serval local Vette and 1- local AMG owner(s) wondering "what just occurred". I got images, just got to figure out the 'new' forum works. Thanks

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What color was the shelby? I was at the Autofair with the SEMMC last year and there was a Steel Grey GTS there with me....

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome back...and yes, would love to see pics when you can post of the SuperBee and GTS! ~juli
Glad you are doing better.

V

Venomiss

2000 GTS Steelgrey, all stock, 07 Superbee Stock. Son James has a 89 Shelby Daytona that he has built a 'hybrid' engine using the Turbo II block and adapting a 2.0 head to it. Still a work in-progress, but showed it @ Auto Fair last fall. Estimated around 400-500 HP. Transmission spider gears are the weak link, till he gets some money ahead. He has about 15k miles on it now and it left serval local Vette and 1- local AMG owner(s) wondering "what just occurred". I got images, just got to figure out the 'new' forum works. Thanks

Welcome! You can get your status changed by sending a PM to one of the moderators here-CitySnake or kcobean with your information. Only they will be able to see it and can change your status to Viper Owner.
If you are a VCA member then be sure and tell them.
They will manually check for your number and upgrade you accordingly under your name as VCA member.
Hope to see some pictures soon!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome back! I noticed the VA under you location. Let me know how we can help you get reinvolved.
Just PM me. You can rejoin VCA by calling 800.998.1110 or go online to Dodge Viper Magazine and do it there. let me know so i can get you on our email list. There is an event almost every other weekend in our region.

OP
OP
A

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was a VCA member from 12-1999 til 2007, I let it lapse as I was unable to do much in 2006 and knew I couldn't do much in 2007, but now I'm back @100%. Just WAY behind in work! I'll let the mds know as my VIN # is still in my sign in thing.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Like this one?

You must be registered for see images

I donated to the high school drag program. Couldn't find anyone to pay $7,000 for the 400hp car so I donated it. At least that way although I'm giving it away it's not just giving it to only 1 person. I'm trying to sell this 92 Daytona IROC R/T with it's Lotus headed 2.2 turbo (TIII/224hp stock). 65,000mi. Ported head, cold air, etc. 1 of 432 "package cars produced. 1 of 60 Black.

I've also got an 85 Shelby Charger (Turbo 2.2) a customized 84 Daytona Turbo with all supertuned 89 running gear and electronics, extra engines and trannys. Other parts as well.

[img=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8583/daytonapaint072004021lu4.jpg]

I'll post a link of the 88 Daytona Shelby Z set at 14psi on a back road in a sec.

Ted

OP
OP
A

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dats it!!! The lotus head is still avaible for $10,000 +/-. so we did it the poor man's way. It took about 6 months to dget it right, but as I said earlier, it has got over 15,000 miles now with 0 engine problems. He has modified the injectors, fuel pressure, gear ratios, computer and ball bearting turbo. The hardest part to get right was making the exhaust manifold! Took 4 trys! His is painted in the orginal scheme, but hasn't applied and decals. He is 22 yo and most of his peers do not have a clue what the car is. I think he has a blast that way. He ran it @ the last auto-cross the Carolina VC had and the car club instructors that hosted it talked as much about it power as they did my Viper.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The SOHC can make up to 400rwhp but add the extra 50hp of the head and they have no problem spanking the Ricer stuff.

I had purchased a 2.4 DOHC, ported and polished it, FWD cam gears, Hybrid wires, T3/T4 'hybrid" turbo in"super trim" etc., then I bought a stock Stealth R/T TT and a modified TT. I sold the Hybrid stuff - it's going into the Omni "Goes Like Hell" car now. After a new Z06 spanked my modified Stealth, I bought a sc'd Viper GTS and now almost everything is for sale.

My son blew the 85 Shelby Charger I gave him and now wants my extra Stealth R/T TT. OK. OK, he wants my Viper, but he knows better than to ask.

Send me a PM if you want an email for parts, questions, etc.

I uploaded the 88Z burnout vid to youtube, but it isn't linked yet.

Ted

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome back Arthur. I'm a Superbee owner as well!! What # do you have? (I have #136)

OP
OP
A

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

kcobean,
Nice images!!!! sort a looks like home. Our bee is #997. Does anyone really know how many they where? A local DM told us that he thought there where about 197 of 'em. I got 3- 1/24 scale diecast of them, but the stripes are like the concept was. Took them yesterday, to a pro model builder and he is correcting the decals. There is to be 880 bees Petty blue for 08, but the one I saw did not have near the detail in the interiors. The 07 is the3 BEE!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

kcobean,
Nice images!!!! sort a looks like home. Our bee is #997. Does anyone really know how many they where? A local DM told us that he thought there where about 197 of 'em. I got 3- 1/24 scale diecast of them, but the stripes are like the concept was. Took them yesterday, to a pro model builder and he is correcting the decals. There is to be 880 bees Petty blue for 08, but the one I saw did not have near the detail in the interiors. The 07 is the3 BEE!

There were 1000 SuperBees built in '07. My understanding is that 500 of them went overseas, so there are 500 left in the states. At least one that I know of has been totalled and another one had its' roof chopped off for a custom convertible top conversion (pure blasphemy if you ask me.) The cars weren't numbered sequentially according to VIN or anything like that, but the published number was 1000 produced.

You should stop over at Chargerforums.com and let 'em know where you are:

*{Superbee Register} - Dodge Charger Forums

OP
OP
A

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

kcobean,
I was mistaken, Ours is #996. There was one other bee close to me, but the last anyone saw of it, was behind one of those 'wreckers' without any names on it. It had no options at all. Ours is the SRT ''2'' package, side curtains, moon roof and no nav system. Sometime I wonder what my GTS would have been like with that type of tech that the bee has.....

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

kcobean,
I was mistaken, Ours is #996. There was one other bee close to me, but the last anyone saw of it, was behind one of those 'wreckers' without any names on it. It had no options at all. Ours is the SRT ''2'' package, side curtains, moon roof and no nav system. Sometime I wonder what my GTS would have been like with that type of tech that the bee has.....

That stinks...I hope it got fixed rather than totaled (or was it just being repo'd?)

My bee has everything but the rear-seat DVD entertainment system. I like the options in the bee since it's a sedan. Most of it would be great on a GTS, except the traction control program...that would just be....wrong! :D

OP
OP
A

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was a re'po deal. I think he was using it as a daily driver, supporting a family, and not a great job,,,,,,go figure. 10 MPG around town with heavy foot, $3.00 gas, = about $12-18 per hour for gas @60mph.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Post Title Could have certainly been better thought out. I reluctantly opened it concern it would be a member on here who had been killed in the line of duty.

Its pretty generally accepted that Fallen means killed/died in the context you used it in. "Fallen in the line of Duty", "Fallen Troops", "Fallen Cop" or "Fallen Hero"

2 cents.

However, congrats on your improved health.

Jon

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Almost died a couple of times about 2 yrs ago_Opened up from ****** bone to ***** bone 3x. Wife had viper pictures posted for me to look at in the hospital. Never gave up. Had a bag for 3 months. Drove to Tator for some work with a bag. First thing I did after each surgery was crawl into the Viper and drive. No better medicine. I wanna drive, I wanna drive,I wanna drive,I wanna drive..... :drive:WELCOME BACK , GTS Bruce

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Almost died a couple of times about 2 yrs ago_Opened up from ****** bone to ***** bone 3x. Wife had viper pictures posted for me to look at in the hospital. Never gave up. Had a bag for 3 months. Drove to Tator for some work with a bag. First thing I did after each surgery was crawl into the Viper and drive. No better medicine. I wanna drive, I wanna drive,I wanna drive,I wanna drive..... :drive:WELCOME BACK , GTS Bruce

Wow, that's ******** Bruce.

OP
OP
A

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Seasnake,,, I'm planning on being @ The Rock. Missed last year as it was on the same day as Charlotte. My wife is VP of the MMC there so I followed the Superbee. Had a little fun with NCHP who was driving a Charger on the way home. He caught us coming off a ramp @ Salibury running 80+ on the ramp.....He zipped in among us,,,,4-500 HP Daytona, GTS then the Bee. We slowed to 65/55 he called all three tags in,,,,Saw all three where Davis's and same address,,, give us a thumbs up and pointed to the rear. We looked and there was 4 Marked cars that blended in with us and............they all five got off the next exit! Close! I think they all had a laugh on us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang