Finally a driving day!!!

FANGS/Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the weather was finally nice enough to get the toys out for a drive.
First out was the Victory V-92, It was fun but a little to windy to realy ride very long, so I gave it a much needed bath and put it away.
Next up was the wifes 65 Vette, beautiful car, sounds great,fun to drive but the boys wanted to drive it.
Well the SRT-10 hasn't been out but twice and not with the top down so it was next. Wow what a great drive that was, I only wish that I had the break-in done so we could see what it can realy do. Everyone we saw told us how great the car looked(amost makes you feel guilty to even drive it)and lots of lookers and pointers. It's amazing to get out of the old Vette and into the SRT-10, The difference is like night and day, makes you realy appriciate what the engineers have done over the last 30 or so years.
After this ride the wife said she needed a pizza so it was off to town in the 96 GTS(it need some exersize after a long winter ;) )after all this time we needed to hear that Corsa V-10 sound again. Saw our son in the Vette in town and he was a little confused because when we saw him the first time we had the SRT-10.
We were struck by the difference in the two Vipers, the SRT-10 just seems to be a better driving car and when compared to the old Vette, the Vette is like driving an old truck :shocked: (we still love it like a older brother :D ).
WOW what a great day, can't wait for more warm weather. Life is good, at least today it was :D .

Waitin' for warm,
FANGS/Indiana

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mind sending a little of that weather this way. Rained a little this afternoon and now well below freezing. Strange winter - we haven't had any stretch of days above normal temperature, thus no Viper weather. Only drove the SRT home when I picked it up. No exercizing at all. Thank goodness it didn't snow that day.

P.S. Like your garage. Any bigger pictures of it?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great to hear SOMEONE's driving their SRT-10...still a little too much sand and salt on the roads around here...AND, Bill P. NEVER did give me any advice on fitting a snowplow to the SRT-10...heck, Todd, YOU are the snow EXPERT...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Photo on Page 5

NOt sure how to find it either. Looked through the various pictures in the media section and could not find any.

To link to a picture open the media file picture, right click on it, highlight and copy the address. Then in a post click on image and paste the address in the space provided. Works for me (now).

Milksnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations for finally being able to drive your car. Hope the weather stays clear. Fornately, we live in CA and are spoiled, the weather is beautiful.

Also, I agree, how time changes things; however, I can add what a difference 40 years makes. 40 years ago I signed a waiver that I would not drive my '63 Super stock Plymouth 426 ****-wedge on public highways. The car came with no warranty, no heater, no radio and the battery was in the trunk. It idled at 1200 rpm and with a torque flight transmission engaging the gear it was quite difficult to drive. I got 50 miles to a quart of 50wt racing oil and with a compression ratio of 13.5 to 1 fuel could be a problem, also. However, I devastated the street-racing scene of that time - 409 Chev., 427 Fords, Vetts, etc.

Now, today we can drive another Mopar product that can still devastate any other car on the road with comfort and civility. Today, driving my SRT I am in love again. Even though, I love my GTS I am "in-love" with my SRT. The SRT is "my wife: whereas the GTS is my "occasional fling."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness