Finally got my NX kit installed

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed most of it myself, but had a few things professionally done. This turned out to be a very good thing, since I got a few things wrong that I would have only discovered on a dyno. But, running a 150 shot, I'm at 522 HP, 625 Torque at the wheels, SAE. That's about a 90 HP and 135 ft/lbs at the wheel gain with the 150 shot.

I took a bunch of pictures of my install as I was doing it, and I'll put together a fully illustrated narrative later. The primary lesson that I learned was to **** up the $800 and have it professionally done. There's a big difference between reading the instructions and thinking to yourself "yeah, I can do all of that" and sitting in your car with the bottle open and armed and thinking to yourself "I hope I didn't screw anything up". Having a professional install is worth the money for the confidence that you have that you're not about to grenade a very expensive intake manifold.

Albert at www.house-of-power.com was extremely patient with my numerous questions, and his NX kit came very well priced. But, the instructions gloss over a number of things that you need to know, and will summarize some fairly major steps in a line or two. ("Mount the bottle in the trunk" ended up being a 3 day project, for instance).

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, cool. I look forward to seeing the pics, and reading what you have to say.

Speaking of House of Power, here's a link to their 1999 Viper RT/10 doing the quarter mile in 9.633 seconds. Nice video. Sounds like the Viper has some serious engine mods. *rumble rumble rumble*

http://www.house-of-power.com/images/albert.mpg

You must be registered for see images