Finally lowered my GTS

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a set of Eibachs and lowering caps from GTSR-001 and installed them on my car Friday night. I made a slight mistake by forgetting to grab the spring compressor from the shop. I REALLY didn't want to put it all back together to get the garage door closed so luckily my old boss was nice enough to deliver the tool to my house for me.

The job took about 2 hours including cleaning up the suspension a bit so not too bad. I was actually hoping the car would be even lower with springs and caps but we'll see how it looks after a few miles, the springs may settle some since they are new.

You must be registered for see images attach

Before.

After.

Rob

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks really good. It does seem like its sitting a little high for springs and caps though. Pictures can be deceiving though it looks like in the third to last picture that your front wheels are larger than the rears. Are those 18" rims? I am sure it will look lower with 19's or 20's.

OP
OP
R

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have not taken any more since lowering it but I have MANY other pics.

I love the plate too, it's the only thing holding me back from adding some silver stripes.

Rob

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!! I lowered mine with Eibach's, been considering doing caps too. But worried I won't be able to get in any stores, etc

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The job took about 2 hours including cleaning up the suspension a bit so not too bad.

I spend 2 hours each corner just detailing the suspension. And that's on a semi-annual frequency! You must have had some help.

And I do agree it looks a little high for what you did, and also agree it should settle some. I've got 20's on the back with stock springs and mine looks about like yours. 20's will "finish the gap." :D

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that has GOT to be one of the best tags I have seen in a while. The car looks TONS better man! Congrats. I just did mine only with Eibachs - I also have 18" wheels...mine looks a little lower than yours though...?

OP
OP
R

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Clearance from the ground to the air delfector is now ~3".

I may have not added all the time spent (I had some downtime waiting for the spring compressor to arrive) so it could have been longer. I did not have help though, lining up the shock mount bolts by myself was interesting.

One thing to note, when I pulled the stock stuff out there were already KONI caps on there but they were thicker than what I put on. The caps are supposed to drop the car .5-.75" from what I've read but my new caps only seemed to be about .25" shorter than the old caps......:dunno:

Rob

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow your car is inherently tall! The rear in the before pics is insane and the after shots are really high for Eibachs (which is good as the height of my car on eibachs when I got it was very unusable). That said, your car looks SO much better lower. Love those ACR wheels.