Finished Street Legal Comp Coupe - PICS

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He answered it in another thread. He started with a 2006 coupe and added the CC body work. It's WAY easier to do that way then the other.

Getting the rear hatch to work and be made of glass was a lot of fabrication, as was hanging the CC body panels on a stock car.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those wondering what Wayne invested in this creation,

Those look like stock Comp Coupe panels, they can only be purchased by comp coupe owners and are not available to the public, I have a complete extra body set for my comp coupe since I switched to the new world challenge body, if I remember correctly the cost was around $25K for raw, and mean raw parts alone and that was a year ago before the cost of the parts went up 10-20 %. To get the stock CC parts to fit on a coupe would take a lot of fabrication work as there are no similar mounting points and the wheel base of the coupe is a few inches shorter than the CC. you can see this in the distance between the door and the rear wheel well. The rear facia would not just bolt on ( alot of fab work there ), the easiest part would be the hood and front end. Even with a cheap body shop and a direct connection for the parts I would bet that Wayne has about $50K at least in his conversion and that could be off by $10K-$20K depending on how much he paid for his fabricator to do the work add to that the cost of a coupe and viola! CC for the street.
Wing $2500.00
Rear Glass $657.00
Roof $2111.00
side sills forward $16,000.00
rear sides,end and splitter $6,000.00
Brake ducts , mounting brackets etc. $3500.00
Motons to lower the car $6,000.00
$38K + so far just for parts, no fabricating or paint or wheels or nuthin!!!
Other Misc. stuff to make look accurate and handle could range from $5,000.00 to $20,000.00