First batch of C6 ZO6s rolling out of Bowling Green

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by ARMORGOD, Sep 26, 2005.

1. ARMORGOD

ARMORGOD Viper Owner

2. SylvanSRT

SylvanSRT Enthusiast

that dealer is in dearborn mich. les stanford also know as the "corvette king". why wouldn't he put it up for sale right away it will be the ONLY time he has the opportunity to make money on the car, good luck to him. i certianly know i would not want one of the first couple of hundred too many teething problems.

3. vipermansrt04

vipermansrt04 Enthusiast

My Z-06 is being built in 2 weeks , it is for sale.Red with navigation and polished wheels , let me know if I can help a viper lover out.

4. ARMORGOD

ARMORGOD Viper Owner

Any C6 ZO6 owners actually planning on KEEPING their new car?!?!? :confused:

5. big-n-italian

big-n-italian Enthusiast

<< 1g1yy25e365100710 >>

6. big-n-italian

big-n-italian Enthusiast

(dont know what happened)

<< 1g1yy25e365100710 >>

i like the VIN on this one - "1g1y" kinda looks like fugly to me! :D

especially that rear photo.

7. Y2K5SRT

Y2K5SRT VCA Member - West

It looks terribly like the standard C6. That is not to say it is an ugly car (although I noticed the same thing on the VIN), but it doesn't have enough to set it apart on the streets for 99.99% of the population. You will only know if you race it - and most victims will already figure it out from the rear brake intakes. It has nothing to do with exclusivity per se, but if I am buying an exotic-level vehicle (performance) I would not be thrilled if it looked exactly like 200,000 other cars on the road. Still an incredible car for sure.

8. Viperfreak2

Viperfreak2 Viper Owner

Someone will make fake rear brake vents....like the pretenders who put the C5 'ducts' on their hatchbacks. I'm able to spot these losers a mile away. With the C6 and the proper front bumper cover and wheels, it'll be a lot tougher.

9. Mastiff

Mastiff Enthusiast

So will it take one year or two for the new Z06 production to pass up the TOTAl Viper production? :laugh:

10. BigCarrot

BigCarrot Enthusiast

I think it's a great looking car, and it will definitely be a hand full for a stock or mostly stock Viper!

11. SRTRICKY

SRTRICKY Viper Owner

If it was convertable I would actaully care about the #'s it makes...

12. Turbo63

Turbo63 Enthusiast

I dont like it - it looks like the standard C6 and the brake vents are way to small and the hood scoop looks silly. Its interesting as the way I read the Ebay post the car is out there with 2 days remaining and only 1 bid. I had my car in for service today at a dealer that sells both DC, Chevy and Ford - my Viper was parked next to a new C6 Corvette - the Viper simply blows the Vette away in every appearence category - and in every performance category. Bottom line truth!

13. sween

sween Enthusiast

hood scoop looks like a wanna be viper.

14. Viper IV

Viper IV Enthusiast

....and when will they get rid of that square looking rear end ? I'd condider one if they rounded it a bit to look apealing.
    Rob

15. Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR Viper Owner

Frankenstein!

It looks like they used less expensive parts from other cars and manufactures to make it stands out as the Z06. I.e. back brake ducts look like a wimpier version of the new Ford Mustangs. And $70K? I bet a lot more Vette guys will be moving up to the Vipers now. Chevy just shoot themselves in the foot, if a Corvette guy can afford $70K for a sport car, he can move beyond corvettes.

Don’t get me wrong. I think Corvette is a great American sports car for the masses, so I’ll let the masses buy them.

16. vipermansrt04

vipermansrt04 Enthusiast

Man you are smart.Why would they want to move down to a viper when for 65,800 they get a better car.Im sure d.c loves guys like you.Ive driven , yes driven both.The vette is faster , smoother , stops just as good as my srt-10.Last time I checked we pay to drive there cars. The manufactures do not pay us to drive there cars.

17. Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR Viper Owner

stops just as good as my srt-10.

IMO, Buy the car the other manufacturers compare their cars too. “Especially when they’re getting into the same price range”

The vette is faster , smoother

18. Big Medicine

Big Medicine Enthusiast

70 large is a joke for a new vette. Why?

I'd rather spend it in a strip joint. At least someone would notice.

19. wormdoggy

wormdoggy Enthusiast

No disrepect to Vette owners but that car is not for me.....I do not like the looks at all and how the heck is anyone going to distinguish it from a reg. C6.

Viper !

20. 29OUTLAW

29OUTLAW Viper Owner

Even more puzzling...how the heck do you put the top down??

21. 98MODMTR

98MODMTR Enthusiast

All viper guys emailing him, busting his balls about the milage etc... lol

22. PDCjonny

PDCjonny Enthusiast

I agree. I saw both the new Z06 and a new C6 parked back to back at a Chevy dealer and when you see them like that, the Z06 has a much wider stance with the flared fenders and looks quite a bit different, although not to a casual passerbye perhaps. Some silly touches like a non functional hood air intake. I owned a 02 Coupe and 04 Z06 and this one is stunning. It's a really sharp looking car and apparently going to be a performer too. The one I saw was in a reddish color (GM seems to change the red once a week) and it was beautiful.